• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my baby is getting spayed on monday U/D help she won't eat

yeah she's peeing and pooing great, well she was given an syringe feed at the vets which i assume had a stimulant in it. okay will see what she's like when i get home and if she still hasn't eaten any pellets i'll phone the vets and see about some metacam. thanks everyone for your advice. will let you know what the craic is later. :love:

You could also try her on some critical care if she doesn't take the banana and herbs later.

If your vets are too far perhaps there is one local who will perscribe both the metacam and critical care if you explain the situation to them?

Good luck with num nums tonight :lol:

no rabbit like the smell and taste of critical care. You smell it, you won't eat it yourself. I stop using critical care as an emergency food.

I use a juicer to smash blackberries or raspberry in to pulps. Then cut stem of hay into small 1mm long strip, mix it w/ the pulp, and feed it w/ a syringe. My bridge bun Goofball loves it, she was eating it for over 1 yr.

no rabbit like the smell and taste of critical care. You smell it, you won't eat it yourself. I stop using critical care as an emergency food.

I use a juicer to smash blackberries or raspberry in to pulps. Then cut stem of hay into small 1mm long strip, mix it w/ the pulp, and feed it w/ a syringe. My bridge bun Goofball loves it, she was eating it for over 1 yr.

That's odd, I've never had a bun refuse critical care, they've all lapped it up when I've used it in the past.. I've always used the original stuff, though Oxbow does make a banana or some kind of flavored version of it as well.

Glad you've got poops and pees! :D

well success i came home and she'd eaten all her pellets. i was so relieved, she goes mad for her science selective. not giving her anymore till morning as thats her normal routine and will give her the veg later tonight. do you think she still needs metacam? she was running about too just as normal coming up and smelling my hair and jumper. she even tried to do her normal roll over put was too uncomfortable so she just lay flat out. does all this sound like she on her road to recovery? aw i was so worried about her.

aw thank goodness. i've been so worried, well hopefully she eats well tonight and goes for her pellets in the morning. i think she was doing that on purpose yesterday as pay back for leaving her in there. aw bless her. thankyou so much for your advice and help. so nice knowing that someone is understanding and give you advice on the matter. :love:

Keep an eye on her and if she grinds her teeth then ask for some metacam.

In the short term if you can provide her with a heat pad that will give her the option of some natural pain relief if she needs it.

So pleased she is eating.

Does she have a check up due soon?

* Kira loved the critical care I gave her :shock:

thanks vicki, no i asked if she need to go to the vets again in like 10 days but they said no. will keep an eye on her, she seemed in good form this morning and was wanting her breakfast. she ate some of it will i was there and replenished her hay,fingers cross she keeps it up, she also ate all her veg and herbs last night. thanks so much vicki for your help. :love:

:roll: Typical vets, after a spay they should really have a check up at 3 and 10 days, however my guess is they wouldn't know what to look for anyway :lol:

Are you checking her wound everyday to make sure it's not splitting and isn't looking sore. The check ups are there to detect signs of infection and that the wound is healing nicely, although it would of been nice for them to include it within the price I think you would do a better job anyway.

As much as I hope you dont encounter any problems with her, if you are worried, dont let them charge you for a check up, that genuinly should be included in the fee...

Hope she carries on munching and pooping :D

hey vicki, yeah well i asked the vet did she need to come down in 10 days and he said no, don't think he was very rabbit savy the girl i seen with petal was really nice, yeah her wound is looking great far neater than petals to be honest. well the vets only charge £8 so if i need to pay i don't mind. can't wait to get home and see her, just worry something might happen when i'm not there. she's near the radiator at the moment not right beside it like but near it so she should be nice a cosy. her poos at the mo are really small which is understandable, if i can just tempt her to eat her hay they should increase.

hey vicki, yeah well i asked the vet did she need to come down in 10 days and he said no, don't think he was very rabbit savy the girl i seen with petal was really nice, yeah her wound is looking great far neater than petals to be honest. well the vets only charge £8 so if i need to pay i don't mind. can't wait to get home and see her, just worry something might happen when i'm not there. she's near the radiator at the moment not right beside it like but near it so she should be nice a cosy. her poos at the mo are really small which is understandable, if i can just tempt her to eat her hay they should increase.

her poos sound just like what pebble's are like. Shes not really eating much hay at the mo... but TONS of pellets, she had three bowls yesterday!! :shock: and a few strands of hay, im not sure when i should cut her pellets back down, im just giveing her what she wants at the moment, so shes eating! When do you think i should cut em back down? x

lol yeah well i'm not giving ted any more pellets other than what she usually gets to encourage her to pick at the hay, just watch incase she's taking the micky out of all these pellets (we all know how much they love them). try reducing her, are you giving her veg and herbs as well? you could even tempt her with some grass. if ted hasn't touch her hay i'm gonna give her some grass tonight.

Back