• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my baby is getting spayed on monday U/D help she won't eat

aw i'm so glad mai that she came round okay, i'm sure you can't wait, well they told me to ring at 4. so will just have to wait in suspence. think she's okay though just have that feeling thats shes ok.

awh thats not long :D xx
im sure she will be fine xx

Well phoned the vets there, so shes came through it okay, they've given her a syringe feed, their letting her home so picking her up from work. she's to go back in the morning for checkup so i've taken the whole day off. my heart was thumping on the phone.

Well phoned the vets there, so shes came through it okay, they've given her a syringe feed, their letting her home so picking her up from work. she's to go back in the morning for checkup so i've taken the whole day off. my heart was thumping on the phone.

awh thats fab!! PEbble hasnt eaten :shock: But she is aleart so we ar picking her up :)

We are going to pick her up at 4.30 :) x

hey mai how's your darling, well ted's how, she's been given a syringe feed and she's eaten a bit of parsely and a bit of carrot and is drinking plenty. hasn't did a poo yet though. the vets are looking her down in the morning but it's 10 miles so it's quite a journey tomorrow so hopefully she'll have pooed and eaten by the morning so i won't have to take her down. hope pebbles is ok mai. i can't really blame ted for not eating much noone feels like eating after an op. sending vibes for you baby mai.

awh glad Ted is ok x :)
Will be takeing her back to the vets as soon as it opens at nine, she hasnt poo'd! x

well she's peed and pood but won't eat much what can i do for her? shes had a tiny bit carrot some grass and a bit of parsely, but thats it and she's refusing everything this morning. is there any thing else i can tempt her with really don't want to put her through the stress of another car journey.

ted still not eating much, all i can get into her is parsely, celery and some grass, but even at that it's not much. i'm in work all day so don't know what she'll do, it'll be interesting to see if she's eaten any of her pellets of hay. vet didn't seem to concerned about her, petal ate like a tropper after her's, how many days should i give her before i become concerned?

Do you think your buns in pain?-if so perhaps you could get some metacam for her? what have they given her already? usually they give it to last 24 hrs. I think you need to offer small amounts of things often. Try putting a small amount of apple(grape size) to tempt her. Keep offering her bits of carrot and picking fresh grass. Dandelions are good if you have any. Try a bit of fresh spring greens or coriander. I hope she starts eating soon -Sue:wave:

I too was going to ask about painkillers (Metacam) - has she had some? Just keep trying ot tempt her with food; kale, spinach, herbs, spring cabbage, grated carrots. You could also try to add a bit of water to her pellets to see if she will eat them that way. Do you have any science recovery or similar to syringe her?

well i'm nearly sure she's not in pain, she got stuff for that.she's on SS but wasn't too sure soaking them would really encourage her to eat. all day yesterday i just kept feeding wee bits celery, parsley and grass to her, i noticed this morning that she'd eaten two of her fungreek treats. just worried incase it messes up her tummy. i've got no dandelions in my garden every other weed apart from the decent one. maybe i will try her on the soaked SS and see if that helps.

i haven't got any meds for her, but the banana sounds good, will maybe pop into the shop on the way home and get her one. wish i could call home and check her, but i'm 28 mile away from my house. :(

mine always get tempted with herbs, as she is eating parsley you could also try corriander, basil, mint and dill. Grass is good so get as much as that down her as you can.
I know we all keep talking about metacam but maybe she isn't getting enough. One of my old vets prescribed just one drop, when they need much more. maybe check with your vet.

We tempted my friends two girls to eat with some basil leaves! Maybe it's because they are stronger smelling?! We were quite persistent with offering food and water and we were given some extremely disapproving looks...not sure if it was because they knew what had happened and we were to blame or because they didn't appreciate having food shoved under their noses! I really hope she's munching at full capacity soon!

yeah they didn't send me home with anything. i found yesterday morning to check she still needed to come in as it's a 20min drive and very stressful one for an ill bun so they said yeah the vet needed to see her. so took her down and brought her in to see the vet and the vet (don't think he was used to buns) just grabbed her legs kicking everywhere and sort of pulled her onto her bum to check the wound i was like :shock:. said to him she wasn't eating a whole lot and all he said was it'll take her a few days. :roll: will see if i can get her other herbs from the co-op, scared too incase i give her runny poos as she's not used to all this fresh stuff.

One of my rabbits was just like that after her spey, the vet didn't give me metacam to take home :roll: After struggling for a few days to get her to eat much, I took her back to see a different vet and she was shocked that they had not given me any medication for her as the initial painkiller wears off after 24 hours. She gave her some fluids straight away and gave me some metaclopramide and metacam to give her at home. She started to eat her pellets the next day and continued to get better after that :)

yeah, well petal got done in the same place and they didn't give her anything home but she ate straight afterwards like nothing happened, but then she is a bit more greedy than ted. if she hasn't improved my by sat will def have to take her back down.

To be honest your vet doesn't sound like it's helping her very much. She will be in a lot of pain (as we all would) and no wonder the poor fluff doesn't want to eat. The original pain killers would of warn off by now...

Did they give her any gut stimulant? Sometimes this needs to be injected a few times per day.

Have you given her a heat pad?

See if you can pick up some metacam from the vets, she wont have to go.

Hope she starts eating soon though

yeah, well petal got done in the same place and they didn't give her anything home but she ate straight afterwards like nothing happened, but then she is a bit more greedy than ted. if she hasn't improved my by sat will def have to take her back down.

Sorry if I've missed this but has she been pooping as normal?

If not see if you can get her to a better vet ASAP :?.

Back