• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mrs Brown isn't a well bunny/ passed away

I have the PM results, it was her liver :(

The vet said it was exactly the same as Lola's last year, it disintegrated when they touched it. It was riddled inside with tiny tumours. Which is why nothing showed on x-ray or U/S.

I can't believe Mrs Brown was so well in herself. Lola was on pain relief and zantac long term and had to be pts due to pain :?

Sleep tight Mrs Brown, I hope the 3 months you spent with us were happy and comfortable xxx

Oh I'm sorry Liz. But just wanted to say again what an amazing job you do, I'm 100% sure you made Mrs Brown's last few months very happy.

Binky free Mrs Brown. x

So sorry for your loss Liz. The fact they are able to enjoy quality of life whilst so ill is testimony to your devoted care.

Sleep tight little one.

Poor Mrs Brown. I wonder if the tiny tumours might have been the larval stage of tapeworm.

I don't know much about tapeworm but I'm guessing the larval stage wouldn;t last that long. Both Mrs Brown and Lola had been ill for many months, Lola for nearly a year :?

I don't know much about tapeworm but I'm guessing the larval stage wouldn;t last that long. Both Mrs Brown and Lola had been ill for many months, Lola for nearly a year :?

The rabbit is only the intermediate host for most types of tapeworm, so the cysts remain dormant inside the rabbit, until the animal is eaten by, say a dog or cat, to complete the cycle, and develop into the adult worm.

The rabbit is only the intermediate host for most types of tapeworm, so the cysts remain dormant inside the rabbit, until the animal is eaten by, say a dog or cat, to complete the cycle, and develop into the adult worm.

Lovely :? :(

The vet didn't mention tapeworm and I know they have seen tapeworm cysts before in rabbits

Lovely :? :(

The vet didn't mention tapeworm and I know they have seen tapeworm cysts before in rabbits

Not lovely, but nature often isnt.
Cool that the vet didn't mention tapes. It's just that you'd mentioned friable livers. I know lots of conditions cause it, but I've seen it, along with multiple cysts, in wild buns with tapeworm.

Back