• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse Says 'Never Trust a Vet With a Scalpel in Her Hand'..........................

Aww, glad it went well and you can tick that worry off. We just had the birds n bees talk from our trainer about Greta as she's hitting six months! Not looking forward to dealing with a season :?

Tipsy's first season really wasn't that bad, and Tod still had his plums then! Get a pair of pet knicks - recommend Glenndarcy as I've had incontinent dogs before and tried LOTS of pants. Most are useless but Glenndarcy are ace :thumb:. They won't stop a determined dog but they buy you time and stop any mess when they're in the bleeding stage. We just walked in quiet places and when she was at her peak, kept her on a lead and away from everyone. We did meet entire male dogs on walks but nobody actually took any notice of her (not that we took any chances).

She's being speyed tomorrow - dreading it :(. I hate putting a perfectly healthy animal through an anaesthetic.

Oh Morse, bless you!

I didn't realise you had decided to go ahead - I'm sure you're relieved now it's done.

Sending lots of love to little Morse xx

Tipsy's first season really wasn't that bad, and Tod still had his plums then! Get a pair of pet knicks - recommend Glenndarcy as I've had incontinent dogs before and tried LOTS of pants. Most are useless but Glenndarcy are ace :thumb:. They won't stop a determined dog but they buy you time and stop any mess when they're in the bleeding stage. We just walked in quiet places and when she was at her peak, kept her on a lead and away from everyone. We did meet entire male dogs on walks but nobody actually took any notice of her (not that we took any chances).

That's that's really helpful, sometimes I look at all the variations on dog products available and the choice is overwhelming! They look just like the reusable nappies my sister has brought for my niece, but plus a tail hole :lol: The trainer was saying some of the cockers are super clean and you wouldn't know so I've my fingers crossed for that. If not snazzy pants it is! We're not allowed her out as normal whilst she's in season, but she has made friends with a neutered male hearing dog pup whose a little older and has an invite to visit to play in his garden if she's in season and they can't meet for play dates in the usual park.

I don't suppose you have a recommendation for a comfy bed brand too?

She's being speyed tomorrow - dreading it :(. I hate putting a perfectly healthy animal through an anaesthetic.[/QUOTE]

Good luck I hope it all goes well.

Aww, glad it went well and you can tick that worry off. We just had the birds n bees talk from our trainer about Greta as she's hitting six months! Not looking forward to dealing with a season :?

My b1tch did not have her first season until she was almost 18 months old !! She was a Border Collie x Retriever. To be honest I found dealing with her Season and her subsequent spay a million times less stressful than how things have been post castration for poor Morse. It's been a total nightmare :cry: He is such a sensitive soul and he gets so upset by things he does not understand. It took me 2 days to get him to eat and I am still having to hand feed him.

That's that's really helpful, sometimes I look at all the variations on dog products available and the choice is overwhelming! They look just like the reusable nappies my sister has brought for my niece, but plus a tail hole :lol: The trainer was saying some of the cockers are super clean and you wouldn't know so I've my fingers crossed for that. If not snazzy pants it is! We're not allowed her out as normal whilst she's in season, but she has made friends with a neutered male hearing dog pup whose a little older and has an invite to visit to play in his garden if she's in season and they can't meet for play dates in the usual park.

I don't suppose you have a recommendation for a comfy bed brand too?

She's being speyed tomorrow - dreading it :(. I hate putting a perfectly healthy animal through an anaesthetic.

Good luck I hope it all goes well.[/QUOTE]

My dogs like a donut style bed to curl up in. Depends what you're after, and your budget really. Red Dingo make some lovely beds, all fully washable covers BUT they're not cheap. Some people swear by the raised Hi K9 beds. In my experience, a donut bed or a duvet style have always been preferred.

My b1tch did not have her first season until she was almost 18 months old !! She was a Border Collie x Retriever. To be honest I found dealing with her Season and her subsequent spay a million times less stressful than how things have been post castration for poor Morse. It's been a total nightmare :cry: He is such a sensitive soul and he gets so upset by things he does not understand. It took me 2 days to get him to eat and I am still having to hand feed him.

Poor Morse. I hope he's soon back to normal and eating well. It must be hard for them to understand what's happened, even if they just worry about having been left alone at the vets. Than can be quite traumatic for some.

Awww bless him. The teeshirt idea is soooo much better than those awful plastic cones.

Hope all goes well for your girlie Mackers.

Poor wee bub :( that picture just says it all, doesn't it?
I see he's got feet tucked under him to prevent anyone else messing with that area. :roll: The t-shirt kind of looks like a onesie and it adds to the cute in spades! :love:
I do hope he will be eating for himself soon, although I can understand the hand feeding might be a necessity for a bit...and he has some guilt tripping to do. ;)
No doubt he will be back to his boisterous, boofy self quickly. So much easier on the blokes than the ladies.

(all sorts of healing vibes on the way for Morse and some in my pocket for your woofits, too, Mackers) :love: xxxx

Awww, Greta had pancreatitis just before Christmas - it's such a worry when they don't eat. She recommends soaking your dry food in a bit of gravy :) Or holding out completely until you are offered chicken and rice. On the other hand she recommends against licking your tramadol tablets because they taste so bad they make you foam at the mouth and everyone runs around panicking for 20 mins. I thought dogs were going to be less worrisome than bunnies!

Awww, Greta had pancreatitis just before Christmas - it's such a worry when they don't eat. She recommends soaking your dry food in a bit of gravy :) Or holding out completely until you are offered chicken and rice. On the other hand she recommends against licking your tramadol tablets because they taste so bad they make you foam at the mouth and everyone runs around panicking for 20 mins. I thought dogs were going to be less worrisome than bunnies!

That was the BIG mistake I made..................

Poor Greta, the pancreatitis must have made her feel awful :cry: I hope she is 100% better now.

Morse says Tramadol is OK if its crushed up in a blob of Arden Grange Liver paste

http://www.ardengrange.com/pet-food/dog-treats-liver.asp

Also, warm salmon and chicken mince hand fed goes down quite well xx

Poor Greta, the pancreatitis must have made her feel awful :cry: I hope she is 100% better now.

Morse says Tramadol is OK if its crushed up in a blob of Arden Grange Liver paste

It sounds as if our lad may be feeling a bit better? :) If so I am glad to hear it. If things are the same, then improvement vibes are on the way. xxxx

Yes, she's fine now but very miserable for a few days - just sleeping and hugs - she perked up just in time for Christmas day. That liver paste looks tasty bet it would be good in a kong too. The vet gave us what looked like the dog version of fibreplex but whatever flavour that is it wasn't nearly as tempting as the carrot one is to bunnies. We ended up wrapping the tablets in cheese :lol: Now we're just working on reteaching her that getting cheese out the fridge doesn't mean she's getting some.

Back