• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Morse Has an Abscess in His Ear -U/D 5Tth Oct Post 20

Hopefully the meds do their job and Morsey is on the mend very soon.

Are the ear problems something that his breed is prone to then?:?

vibes to Morse! Poor bunbun! Hope he gets better! Can he get any hearing back, and what would the op entail? (Hope you don't mind me asking!)

I'm sure he'll be inspecting again very soon!

Morse says 'Thank you for all the vibes. I dont much like having squidgey squirty stuff put in my ears though :?'

Jane, sounds very much like what Dominic has...ear infection with lots of pus.

I've noticed a definite improvement in the smell coming from his ear since starting him on Chloramphenicol drops down his ear twice a day. It might be a coincidence because he's on depocillin too...but perhaps worth a try in the future if Morse's infection proves to be as stubborn as Dominic's?

Jane, sounds very much like what Dominic has...ear infection with lots of pus.

I've noticed a definite improvement in the smell coming from his ear since starting him on Chloramphenicol drops down his ear twice a day. It might be a coincidence because he's on depocillin too...but perhaps worth a try in the future if Morse's infection proves to be as stubborn as Dominic's?

Thanks Amy. I'll mention CMP to our Vet :wave:

Back