• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

more new bunny help

loubylou34

Warren Scout
Hi, sorry you will all be sick of me, but this is all so new!
We have had our pair for a week now and after a week of stroking and gentlle talking they seem to be building confiidence in us (A family of me hubbie and 3 kids) Me and eldest DD(9) have been sitting by the hutch with door open and food in our hands, they have both been hopping onto our laps and eating and being stroked.
Today I brought them into the kitchen for a hop about, Sox is a good girl and trusts me very much and is happy for me to hold her. she hopped about and climbed on us all (I had the kids all sat very still or laid down flat) Pajamas was tricky to pick up, I did eventually get him once given him some pellets (ah the way to a mans heart!) and he loved being in the kitchen hopped all over the kids and then flopped out beside youngest who is 2 and was being quite noisy!
Am I right in thinking this was a positive thing? PJ was breathing quite fast but was flopped out, was he stressed or calm and happy?
Am I rushing it? I don't want it to be too much for the buns, but I do want them to get used to being around us.
We only kept them in for about 10 mins then put them back with lost of calm voices and some nice fresh raspberry leaves.
Are we doing ok?

Sounds like you are doing brillantly. Flopping is sign of happiness and that they are relaxed. Sometimes it can also be because they are hot. They do pant (breathe fast) to release heat. Was it hot in the kitchen?

I don't think you are rushing it either. They'll tell you if you are rushing and they sound like happy bunnies. :)

Back