• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mom + dad + baby living together

Etoile

New Kit
You can read my story on the intro section. :wave:

To keep it short, I have adopted 2 rabbits, were supposed to be 2 males, but were one male and one female... The female was allready pregnant when I took them in and she gave birth to an only kit, 3 weeks later. By that time, I had the male neutered. They are now living together while free roaming during the day in a large room, but the male have his own cage for night and mom and baby have their own too.

I would like to keep the baby (cant imagine to part from him!!) and to have them all live in a large rabbit condo together.

Mom will be spay as soon as she stop nursing.

Baby will be spay too as soon as we know if he's a boy or a girl and as soon as he's old enough.

I read everywhere over the web that it is barely impossible to have 3 rabbits live happily together... Right now, they are very happy and sweet and close. A true family. It's difficult to believe that it will become totally different when baby Etoile will grow older.

Do you believe my plan is realistic? what should I do to help them keep bonded and close together?

It's perfectly possible to have a group of three - especially if they're a family group AND all neutered. I'd just make sure you get Mum spayed before the baby reaches maturity, just in case it's a boy and then get the baby neutered before its hormones kick in. In the mean time, I would probably keep them all together as a family unit if they're all getting on OK.

i don't see why they can't stay together as long as they are all spayed, they are all ready a 3 some. bless.

I believe it's realistic, however I also think there may come a time where they do need to be separated in some respect prior to mum and baby being spayed/neutered but nothing to stop you having a go at rebonding.

Back