• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly piggy has been spayed today u/e 12th March

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I haven't got her back yet, so I really hope she's going to be OK, but the vet has called me to say that she's made it through the operation. Her uterus and ovaries were very enlarged, apparently. She has been a hormonal menace for some time now.

Now I need to get the cage sectioned off, so she can have her own part of the cage to recover in.

I hope that Molly will recover well at home and feel better without her pesky hormones.

Thanks all. Molly is zonked out on pain relief, which is all very well, but obviously I've got to get her eating asap. I'd like to say this is Hazel worrying about her best friend, but she's really wanting her uneaten veggies!Hazel.jpg

Hormonal menace? Tell me about it! I hope Molly recovers quickly. Cheeky Hazel - I do love piggies and just look at that little feety. 😍

Sending lots of healing vibes for Molly and hope she has a quick recovery. With Hazel separating them is a good way to make sure Molly. Can eat her greens in her own timeframe.

I hope Molly has started eating and will recover well. Sending her lots of vibes. I'm glad she got through her operation all right.

Hazel is adorable. 🥰

How's Molly this morning, Sarah?
Very unhappy, but nibbling a bit when I'm not looking (!) She is only interested in grass from the garden (the best things in life are free!) and small pieces of veg. I'm not wanting to syringe feed her while she's eating and pooing a bit. Would be great to see her nibbling on some hay though.

I've got a follow up appointment at the vets tomorrow.

Very unhappy, but nibbling a bit when I'm not looking (!) She is only interested in grass from the garden (the best things in life are free!) and small pieces of veg. I'm not wanting to syringe feed her while she's eating and pooing a bit. Would be great to see her nibbling on some hay though.

I've got a follow up appointment at the vets tomorrow.
Hopefully she's just a bit sad and will perk up more soon. Hope her follow-up appointment goes well tomorrow.

Molly is really starting to pick up, which is obviously great. The follow up appointment went OK. But, we decided to put all the pigs back together today, as it would really help Molly to be back with friends, and she's eating mostly OK now. All went well at first, but now Bramble and Hazel have decided, yet again, to have some kind of Who is Top Pig contest! Those two have never particularly got on well, and have always needed another pig in the mix to calm it down. I'm surprised they were OK for a couple of days by themselves really.

Who'd have pets? I am measuring my stress this week by the amount of chocolate eaten!

Molly is really starting to pick up, which is obviously great. The follow up appointment went OK. But, we decided to put all the pigs back together today, as it would really help Molly to be back with friends, and she's eating mostly OK now. All went well at first, but now Bramble and Hazel have decided, yet again, to have some kind of Who is Top Pig contest! Those two have never particularly got on well, and have always needed another pig in the mix to calm it down. I'm surprised they were OK for a couple of days by themselves really.

Who'd have pets? I am measuring my stress this week by the amount of chocolate eaten!
I am glad Molly is doing better after her spay and hope Bramble and Hazel will get things sorted.
Sending vibes for less stress for you even though that means less chocolate!

Really pleased that Molly is doing much better now, as for Bramble and Hazel, sort yourselves out piggies 😅

Back