• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mishka & Sofia

Mishka got lonely and just sat in the corner of her cage looking miserable so my auntie and uncle went back to the womans house and knocked on my door with a bunny in their hands.

It's a complete insult to every single person who has tried to help when you lie.

OK, she messed up but berating her for it is not helpful. I understand you are all concerned for the rabbits but if you keep attacking Abi you're just going to push her away from the forum and leave her feeling like she can't turn to us for help if she needs it. Is it not better for Mishka and Sofia to be together so they have someone to snuggle with when they're so small? Is it not better for the sisters to be there to comfort each other when they are so young and frightened.

I see a lot of contradiction here: you all say she shouldn't have been removed from her mom and siblings so early (I agree btw) but then when she has one of her siblings with her you hate on Abi too.

I think that if you haven't got anything nice or constructive to say you shouldn't say anything at all.

And please Abi, don't feel like you can't ask us for help or show us how well Mishka and Sofia are doing. But also, don't let the cat near them when they're so young. Cats are full of bacteria that baby buns really ought not to be exposed to :)

Totally agree. Well said!

I too am fed up with having to keep reading reports from people every time I log on because someone has jumped on Abi.

Infractions are going to be handed out if it doesn't stop.

Not constructive, friendly advice? Stay off her threads. Simple as.

at the end ov the day we all make mistakes were only humans and this is a website to help each other and look at pics in my world lol and i think the two bunnies r fab they look happy x

Abi, can you please tell me your not keeping the buns in the blue cage with the clear platic top you can see? :cry: that's far too small?

You have the lid on here.
DSCF2290.jpg

DSCF2292.jpg
[/QUOTE]

not trying to jump on anyone but Abi you must be honest..the health and safety of your animals is why we all try to help then get a bit miffed when things seem to not add up
as in your cat "kept trying to chase them"..then "he's too fat to chase them"??

If you are honest about everything you will sometimes get people disagreeing with you but at least most of us will also keep offering advice and help to you :D

so.....

Please don't think your cat won't hurt or even kill them because he might..even by accident.and even while you are there as they can move quickly
...and personally I wouldn't leave two such young baby bunnies to free range unsupervised, too many places for them to get into, under and stuck..or things to nibble which could cause blockages..or they could be sat behind a door that someone opens quickly and result in injury or death.
I'd keep them caged unless you are with them until they have grown a bit and built up their confidence.
so try to get hold of a larger cage as that blue one is much too tiny, see if anyone near you would lend you one perhaps

Last edited:
not trying to jump on anyone but Abi you must be honest..the health and safety of your animals is why we all try to help then get a bit miffed when things seem to not add up
as in your cat "kept trying to chase them"..then "he's too fat to chase them"??

If you are honest about everything you will sometimes get people disagreeing with you but at least most of us will also keep offering advice and help to you :D

so.....

Please don't think your cat won't hurt or even kill them because he might..even by accident.and even while you are there as they can move quickly
...and personally I wouldn't leave two such young baby bunnies to free range unsupervised, too many places for them to get into, under and stuck..or things to nibble which could cause blockages..or they could be sat behind a door that someone opens quickly and result in injury or death.
I'd keep them caged unless you are with them until they have grown a bit and built up their confidence.
so try to get hold of a larger cage as that blue one is much too tiny, see if anyone near you would lend you one perhaps

So, the lid on the floor is the lid to their cage? :cry:
Please go on, or get someone to go on gumtree or something and try to get a bigger cage Abi. You cannot put two rabbits in something that is only big enough for a hamster.

Abi, although I don't agree with you having two rabbits who are so young, there isn't a lot you can do about it now, and they are very cute :love: Lovely names too!

You said they are free ranging already? I would recommend against this while they are still young and new. Keep them in a smaller area to start with, and slowly increase their space while they adjust to their new surroundings. This should help with litter training too! The puppy pen panels are great for penning off certain areas, because I think the cage you have as their base is way too small for them ever to be shut in permanently.

I also disagree with you allowing your cat in the room with them, especially if he has already started chasing them (even if it is just playing, not doing any damage, etc.) It could scare the poor buns even more than they already are, and it only takes the cat to act out of character once, or for you to be too slow once, and that is it. My dad's cat sounds just like yours, spends his whole day sleeping, doesn't move very fast, etc. However, after a couple of weeks of them having a puppy, he went for the pup, and pup ended up with a massive cut down his snout and nose :(

What are your plans for accommodation if they bond with Riley?

I don't know if I know the whole story but i think its a bit pathetic how everyone gangs up on Abi. I'd be getting very fed up if I were her. I certainly wouldn't be blindly following orders from you guys like you all seem to believe she should. Fair enough that you want what is best for the bunnies but I think you guys go too far sometimes and contradict yourselves.

And if that women was giving those bunnies away to people too young anyway surely it doesn't matter that Abi has adopted them? Another (probably less bunny savvy) person would have adopted anyway.

All I will say is "if" you are leaving them to free range then lock that cat away
They are very small and the cat,. however nice it may or may not be, will chase them if unsupervised..I'd be very careful having it in the room with them even while you are there until they are much bigger

If he has actually chased/tried to get the bunnies, I agree a bit, but being an owner of several cats I think everyone knows their cats better than anyone and can read their behavior well. I often have 'prey animals' out with me around my cats and I can read their behavior and tell them to back off if they're getting too close. I'm sure Abi isn't going to let him hurt her bunnies.

OK, she messed up but berating her for it is not helpful. I understand you are all concerned for the rabbits but if you keep attacking Abi you're just going to push her away from the forum and leave her feeling like she can't turn to us for help if she needs it. Is it not better for Mishka and Sofia to be together so they have someone to snuggle with when they're so small? Is it not better for the sisters to be there to comfort each other when they are so young and frightened.

I see a lot of contradiction here: you all say she shouldn't have been removed from her mom and siblings so early (I agree btw) but then when she has one of her siblings with her you hate on Abi too.

I think that if you haven't got anything nice or constructive to say you shouldn't say anything at all.

And please Abi, don't feel like you can't ask us for help or show us how well Mishka and Sofia are doing. But also, don't let the cat near them when they're so young. Cats are full of bacteria that baby buns really ought not to be exposed to :)

Thankyou :)

Abi, can you please tell me your not keeping the buns in the blue cage with the clear platic top you can see? :cry: that's far too small?

Mishka was in it when I first brought her home because I didn't want to scare her by putting her in a big room when she only just got here.

So, the lid on the floor is the lid to their cage? :cry:
Please go on, or get someone to go on gumtree or something and try to get a bigger cage Abi. You cannot put two rabbits in something that is only big enough for a hamster.

I've already said that they're only using it as a base. A woman is delivering me a cage asap but she's ill at the moment.

I'm seriously thinking about not posting on this forum anymore because I only get jumped on when I asked in the first post not to be! :roll:

Adorable furry buns Abi :love:

Theres a wire on the floor in your first picture, is that connected to anything? I know Riley is outside but inside buns get their nashers on to anything and that wire will be eaten so make sure things like that stay hidden as it can be expensive to replace. Pierre managed to get my laptop wire other day cost me £70 for a new one :( not worth the risk of your lovely buns getting electrocuted.

As for the cat Abi just make sure the two new bunnies aren't left alone with him. I've seen a youtube video of a cat and a bun and it constantly kept attacking them. Its his instincts.

I don't have a clue whats happening with the facebook thing etc but really wish people would read what has been posted rather than asking a question thats already been answered.

Thankyou :)

Mishka was in it when I first brought her home because I didn't want to scare her by putting her in a big room when she only just got here.

I've already said that they're only using it as a base. A woman is delivering me a cage asap but she's ill at the moment.

I'm seriously thinking about not posting on this forum anymore because I only get jumped on when I asked in the first post not to be! :roll:

Please don't stop posting! :cry::cry:..x

Adorable furry buns Abi :love:

Theres a wire on the floor in your first picture, is that connected to anything? I know Riley is outside but inside buns get their nashers on to anything and that wire will be eaten so make sure things like that stay hidden as it can be expensive to replace. Pierre managed to get my laptop wire other day cost me £70 for a new one :( not worth the risk of your lovely buns getting electrocuted.

As for the cat Abi just make sure the two new bunnies aren't left alone with him. I've seen a youtube video of a cat and a bun and it constantly kept attacking them. Its his instincts.

I don't have a clue whats happening with the facebook thing etc but really wish people would read what has been posted rather than asking a question thats already been answered.

It's the cats home as much as their home and tbh I don't think it's fair to keep him locked out the room. He's a calm cat and he would never intentionally hurt them and I always watch him like a hawk when he's around the buns. Yes that's my phone charger, that wasn't there very long because Mishka started sniffing it so I thought I'd take it quickly before she got her teeth on it. :lol:

It's the cats home as much as their home and tbh I don't think it's fair to keep him locked out the room. He's a calm cat and he would never intentionally hurt them and I always watch him like a hawk when he's around the buns. Yes that's my phone charger, that wasn't there very long because Mishka started sniffing it so I thought I'd take it quickly before she got her teeth on it. :lol:

We have lost a lot of cables like that! Laptop chargers have chunks missing, phone cable, christmas tree lights... :roll:

Argh i'm on my 5th phone charger :lol: they will get it even if you don't leave it out.

Can your cat go everywhere else? Would the sisters be free ranging in your room or the lounge until your hutch comes?

I was about to ask why you were posting and that shouldn't you be in school then I realised its 10 past 3 :oops: :)

Back