• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Millet Grass Bowl

HanBun

New Kit
So I bought a handmade bowl made from the stalks of dried millet grass. I got it to put his toys in, so that I didn't have anything plastic around for him to nibble on. However my bunny has taken quite a liking to chewing this bowl!

I read that millet seeds can be bad for rabbits in too much quantity because of the amount of oils in them, I think. But I have seen videos of rabbits eating fresh millet grass.

Should I be letting him chew it? Is it bad for him? I thought as it is grass based then it should be OK. His being going at it for about a week now on and off. No change in his diet or poops. Its quite a sturdy bowl so I'd imagine it's quite good for his teeth!

it sounds fine to me. You're obviously a vigilant owner. Better he chew natural stuff than rubber and plastic but as with anything, prob best he doesn't consume loads

Back