• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milk?

Daisylop

Mama Doe
I always thought buns couldnt have cows milk as they couldnt deal with lactose and the fat content,but today I was looking at apple treats in P@H ,read the ingrediants and they contain milk and milk derivatives :shock: and are marketed for bunnies,would these be ok? [I dont buy these "treats" but was just browsing]

did they have yoghurt on them? Yoghurt does not contain lactose. I'd still never give my buns anything that contained egg, honey or milk as an agent though.

My boy "Rio" loves his "Yogurt!" drops ,just a few a day,he's five years old and has no problems with his treats.:)

Personally I'd never give my lot anything that has dairy at all.........no honey, no added sugars, no nuts.

Shame about P @ H - especially with some of their products with eycalyptus in them too - an absolute no no. I really wish they'd just keep their treats natural.

Sadly Lidl have animal treats in this week and having read the ingrediants on them, I'd chuck them straight in the bin. honey, nuts, milk and mild derivatives too.

Personally I'd never give my lot anything that has dairy at all.........no honey, no added sugars, no nuts.

Shame about P @ H - especially with some of their products with eycalyptus in them too - an absolute no no. I really wish they'd just keep their treats natural.

Sadly Lidl have animal treats in this week and having read the ingrediants on them, I'd chuck them straight in the bin. honey, nuts, milk and mild derivatives too.

Thats what I thought, I just wouldnt risk giving them anything like this.Didnt know about eucalyptus though
Thanks for info

This is an interesting one.

When I was young (back in the dark ages!) I had a rabbit (Dusty) who (knowing no better) was fed bread and milk for her tea every night. I don't know how old Dusty was when she died, as I adopted her from a neighbour, but she had lived with me for 9 years!

I have bought carrot and dandelion sticks and then realised that they had egg in them! My OH's mum also bought the buns honey nut chew sticks which I immediately said no to (though not when she was here), but the buns seemed to love them :roll:

millet seeds is another which is in alot of their treat foods, i thought that wasn't too good for them either,

i just stick with dried herbs or natrual wooden treats, i dont buy any of the other stuff,

If I ever gave milk or any lactose treat to Mimi, I'd be seeing some
disgusting poos.

Its actually pretty scary to think about. >.>

Back