• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metacam Dose Rates- NB Do Not Alter Dose Without CONSULTING YOUR OWN VET !!

From what C told me I suspect Richard would say he could have 1.2mls every TWELVE HOURS. So more than double the dose he is currently on.

Dont do that til you consult him though !!

Yup.Richard has doubled Harrys dose-1ml every 12 hours instead of 24 hours.Glad you started this post as I wouldnt have mentioned the possibility of an increase to him otherwise,thinking he was on max.
His referral centre is brilliant by the way:thumb:

No, I think it works better TWICE a day :)

But you need to discuss it with your Vet, I am just saying what my Vet has told me xx

~Got confused between 12 hours and 24 hours doh!

Yes, I am sticking to 0.48ml twice a day :thumb: spoke to vet today to double check it. She also said twice daily has a better effect than once daily but was dependent on the rabbit

Also, some Vets prescribe the CAT Metacam which is a different strength to the Dog Metacam. Hence it is absolutely essential that you always consult your Vet before altering the previously prescribed dose :)

this also agree :thumb: mabel when given metacam got the dog one and sox when he was allowed it had the cat one

Pixie had a dental last week as her teeth were really bad again. Usually they say to give 0.4 but this time I was told to give 0.6 which did seem a bit high but I did as I was told. I must say she really did perk up and start eating extreamlly quickly compired to other dentals she's had in the past. I will tell my vet on her next dental that I did see a positive change in her when given the higher dose. She only needed the pain killer for two days so she wasn't on it for too long, but she seemed so much happier throughout her recovery. :thumb:

Back