• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Metacam 32ml

carolineclair

Warren Scout
Ive read there is an issue with 32ml metacam and now im having trouble finding any anywhere

My prescription is for 1x 32ml bottle

Has anyone any tips for where else online i can look

Ive tried viovet, animed, 365 vet and ukpetdrugs

I dont have a chance to get back to the vets due to work this week

Thank you

X

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pet drugs online? VetUK? They may also be out of stock however if it's a manufacturers issue, you may need to get a smaller size or an alternative product such as loxicom/meloxidyl/meloxaid. All the same active ingredient just different brand names. Your vet would need to change the prescription though if they would do this via email if you can't get into the vets this week

Pet drugs online? VetUK? They may also be out of stock however if it's a manufacturers issue, you may need to get a smaller size or an alternative product such as loxicom/meloxidyl/meloxaid. All the same active ingredient just different brand names. Your vet would need to change the prescription though if they would do this via email if you can't get into the vets this week
Thank you Vet UK have it thanks so much

My bunny got the penultimate 32ml bottle of Metacam from our practice this week. The vet we saw didn't seem to anticipate more, saying next prescription she would get was loxicom same drug chemically - only metacam tastes like honey. joey got prescribed Rheumacam -(may be spelt wrong) by another vet who said thats the same as metacam effectively. so theres lots of choices BUT it does look like you'll have to go back to your vet if prescription doesn't match whats available & request a script you can use for one of the alternatives. Its an hours drive to my vet so they post me stuff - is that something your vet could do as an alternative. apologies for long winded reply. good luck

My bunny got the penultimate 32ml bottle of Metacam from our practice this week. The vet we saw didn't seem to anticipate more, saying next prescription she would get was loxicom same drug chemically - only metacam tastes like honey. joey got prescribed Rheumacam -(may be spelt wrong) by another vet who said thats the same as metacam effectively. so theres lots of choices BUT it does look like you'll have to go back to your vet if prescription doesn't match whats available & request a script you can use for one of the alternatives. Its an hours drive to my vet so they post me stuff - is that something your vet could do as an alternative. apologies for long winded reply. good luck

I haven't been able to get Metacam for a good few months or so. Phillip has been on Rheumocam which obviously tastes equally as delicious as Metacam as I practically get my hand bitten off every morning and evening for it :lol:

Thanks all

Found a bottle of 32ml (well until i get an email tomorrow saying it cant be fulfilled lol)

My vets email me the presciption so will call first thing see if they will up it to the bigger bottle, more cost efficient anyway, for me in any case!

Glad to hear there are other equally good tasting options as she reacts to metacam like ive just given her the biggest juiciest strawberry [emoji23][emoji23]

My vets said they can't even get bigger bottles of loxicom, I've had to get 2 32ml for my dog instead of a 100ml in the hope it comes back in stock - haven't had metacam itself for ages now.

Oh god I didn’t realise there was an issue. I just threw a load away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back