• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Merging Blue back in

Sharpie

Warren Scout
Hey all, as some of you know, I had to remove lady Blue from her 4 other bunnies for medical treatment, she's spent two weeks indoors being given medicine, nose wiped etc..
I was told she could re enter now she has finished her medicine.
Took her into their enclosure in her carry box, got my lion head Lop Snowball out first as he's the top boy, he instantly cuddled up to Blue, no aggression what so ever! Phew..
Next Cookie... The lowest boy, they were a bit anxious of each other but settled...
Lulu and daisy... The sisters.. Daisy ignored blue, didn't seem bothered... Lulu was being mean, biting and pushing blue around.
I decided to get a load of veg and get them all eating next to each other...
Was going well all were eating all was calm..
Then daisy chased her sister round and round, she then bee lined for blue and knocked her flying, Blue fell over and couldn't get up, so i grabbed her and turned her up the right way and daisy lunged for her again, so I picked blue up, then daisy went for cookie... She was causing havoc!! I then put blue upstairs with cookie, they sniffed and then again started pushing and nipping each other!! Ugggghh!!!

It went from calm to scary in a few seconds!!
I bow have blue back indoors as she was getting stressed... Im now considering bringing one of the others indoors and onto our bed and hopefully bond them that way!

Cant believe it, these guys normally don't give a hoot about new bunnies, it only took a couple hours for cookie to settle in!
If daisy hadn't have upset her sister they'd all be calm still... -_-

I know the best way to bond is in a small neutral area, but i knew my bunnies history in bonding and though they'd be ok..
To start with they were! They all just took her in, then they all (bar snowball) decided to attack :(

Hey all, as some of you know, I had to remove lady Blue from her 4 other bunnies for medical treatment, she's spent two weeks indoors being given medicine, nose wiped etc..
I was told she could re enter now she has finished her medicine.
Took her into their enclosure in her carry box, got my lion head Lop Snowball out first as he's the top boy, he instantly cuddled up to Blue, no aggression what so ever! Phew..
Next Cookie... The lowest boy, they were a bit anxious of each other but settled...
Lulu and daisy... The sisters.. Daisy ignored blue, didn't seem bothered... Lulu was being mean, biting and pushing blue around.
I decided to get a load of veg and get them all eating next to each other...
Was going well all were eating all was calm..
Then daisy chased her sister round and round, she then bee lined for blue and knocked her flying, Blue fell over and couldn't get up, so i grabbed her and turned her up the right way and daisy lunged for her again, so I picked blue up, then daisy went for cookie... She was causing havoc!! I then put blue upstairs with cookie, they sniffed and then again started pushing and nipping each other!! Ugggghh!!!

It went from calm to scary in a few seconds!!
I bow have blue back indoors as she was getting stressed... Im now considering bringing one of the others indoors and onto our bed and hopefully bond them that way!

Cant believe it, these guys normally don't give a hoot about new bunnies, it only took a couple hours for cookie to settle in!
If daisy hadn't have upset her sister they'd all be calm still... -_-

I know the best way to bond is in a small neutral area, but i knew my bunnies history in bonding and though they'd be ok..
To start with they were! They all just took her in, then they all (bar snowball) decided to attack :(

Unfortunately illness in one Rabbit often disrupts the hierarchy :cry: I feared this may happen. Given that Blue had another falling over and not being able to get up episode and she has only just recovered from a very severe RTI personally I would only attempt to bond her with just one other Rabbit. The most laid back one of the group. I dont think she is strong enough to cope with bonding back into a group where several of the other Does are challenging her previous 'top Bunny' position.

Just my opinion, of course. But I would worry about her relapsing due to stress. Good luck, whatever you decide to do :)

Applying new technique.. I have cookie and blue on my bed atm with a cardboard box.. So far cookies just been exploring and blues been eating, Cookie nipped blue and went into his box, Blue ran behind me and is having a wash!
Fingers crossed!!

Unfortunately illness in one Rabbit often disrupts the hierarchy :cry: I feared this may happen. Given that Blue had another falling over and not being able to get up episode and she has only just recovered from a very severe RTI personally I would only attempt to bond her with just one other Rabbit. The most laid back one of the group. I dont think she is strong enough to cope with bonding back into a group where several of the other Does are challenging her previous 'top Bunny' position.

Just my opinion, of course. But I would worry about her relapsing due to stress. Good luck, whatever you decide to do :)

I did worry about her being "the weaker" one because of just recovering from her illness, Daisy has always been a meany pants, always picking on her sister, Blue used to protect lulu ans tell daisy off, but they seemed to have ganged up on her today :(
Going to try bonding her with cookie then adding on perhaps lulu as she wasn't as violent and getting them all 3 happy then adding in Daisy finally - NO point with snowball as he doesn't care lol

Applying new technique.. I have cookie and blue on my bed atm with a cardboard box.. So far cookies just been exploring and blues been eating, Cookie nipped blue and went into his box, Blue ran behind me and is having a wash!
Fingers crossed!!

Sounds like you know your bunnies very well!

Good on you for having a back up strategy - sounds very resourceful :D

Good luck! :wave:

Sounds like you know your bunnies very well!

Good on you for having a back up strategy - sounds very resourceful :D

Good luck! :wave:

Thank you :)
So far no fights, Cookie just licked blues back, she got startled and ran ( she was eating when he snuck up and licked her)

Cookies laying down in front of me and blues sitting next to me washing :)

Awww they were laying together and cookie was cleaning blue, I don't know what he did but he made her jump and she hopped over to me and bit me! Lol
I have to go out in a bit so I will let separating them again as I don't want cookie to lose his bond with the others and then trying blue and Lulu tomorrow, and then Friday I have all day to try to get them all together on my bed!

Back