• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Trevor & Alys

No you are not being "thick" and sorry to have worried you. It is a fact that the vaccine takes 3 weeks to take effect and I am surprised the Vet thinks it's ok to go ahead with a neuter (stressful) before the 3 weeks is up. As we know, stress lowers the immune system. To put your mind at rest, or get another opinion, you could start a new thread asking how long between the 2 is the best time. I am quite sure our health experts will agree with what I am saying. I expect your Vet is more worried about your little girl getting pregnant. How is he hormonal?

Thanks for that. He's not hormonal really - well no more than any young bunny, just leaving droppings literally everywhere (I'd forgotten they do that, Dennis and Bella are litter tray or nowhere bunnies!) and he's extremely lively. Craig thought he might be older than 4 months, I think, which he certainly could be. He knows I'm keeping them separate until Trevor has settled down post neuter and probably until Alys has been spayed and recovered from that so I don't think he's worried about pregnancy. I'm going to try and speak to him tomorrow, or if not him, then someone at the practice. He's an RWAF recommended vet who speaks at their conferences and the local "rabbit expert" and he's fond of rabbits so I don't think he'll mind me querying it. If he's got any doubts I'll postpone it, it's worrying enough without extra concerns. Don't worry about worrying me (!), I'm glad you brought it up, I don't want to do anything to put him at risk.

Back