• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Tinks; my little Horsefield

I wasn't aware about tortoise spays until my late torty became ill. Due to our ignorance we always assumed she was a he; so 'Herbert'. She lived 38years of her life with us as a male. Poor thing:oops:. Due to us being unaware (ignorant in a word) ; by the time we discovered she was female; she had never laid eggs in her life-time; thus the vet after multiple x-rays, blood tests determined the problem was most likely based on this. Herbie put up a brave fight, I wish we'd done alot of thing different; but I grew up with her; so I never questioned her upbringing (I'm 20). She lived a happy and long life, I just wish her last months were more comfortable for her. :(

They cut open the shell and 'glue' it back together afaik.

I never realised male torties were 'moany' and humped things until I discovered some threads on RU..if I'd have known it would have been obvious Herbie was no way male. :evil:

I want to do all I can for Tinks. I adore her so much. :D

wow - well the thing is until you meet people who have the same pets as you & see how they do things differenlty - we dont tend to question things....people can be abit stupid like this I think!:roll: Also we dont question our parents as we presume they know what they are doing...when they are often learning too.....well - bless Herbert - she did live a long life...and you cant turn back time...and she was well loved...all you can do is do alot of research of pros & cons for variousl things for Tinks.....she is very sweet!:love:

Oh, I love her :love:

So glad she has got a lovely home with you!

About the egg impaction, this is one reason why im sooo glad all mine turned out to be male. How old is Tinks? Perhaps she will turn out to be a he anyway!

Keep posting lots and lots of pictures!

Aww thanks everyone, a little madam. But beautiful as ever. I had to come to Manchester tonight for a revision class tomorrow at uni; so all animals are at my parents, the O/H is in Birmingham and I'm alone. I wants my buns and torty :(.

I Miss them all; even if they leave me presents in inconvenient places :lol: :love:

She's brilliant! But I'm a wee bit jealous! I'd love to have a tortoise but I'm under strict instructions that I'm not allowed anymore pets!

Back