• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet the ebay bunnies!

Well done for getting them. They're absolutely gorgeous. :love:
Would it be wise to wait for them to get to their permanent foster before getting them vet checked? For stress and so notes don't have to be transferred, as it doesn't look too serious.

yeah I was thinking this. :) They don't seem in any pain but if they seem to be, I will take them. What do you all think?

Knowing how Ginger's infection has got worse and worse recently, i would take them to the vets for a 'checkup' if you can, personally.

If you are anywhere near FHB's that'd be awesome if you could them there earlier?

Sorry too far from there. :( I'm 14 so at school all week. We may be able to book an appointment for after school one day this week but I'm not sure. :( My parents thought we were only boarding them here for a few days, not a week and not taking them to the vets. :( They came round to the idea of keeping them a week but don't know whether I should suggest taking them to the vets. :/

See how they are tomorrow. GrahamL is right in that if it is an infection better to deal with is ASAP. They will probably be prescribed an antibiotic. If they still have obvious symptoms I might have come for them sooner (not sure when but it can be done). They definitely shouldn't be left nearly two weeks without being seen though.

Well it is always best to take them to the vets but if you can't just keep a close eye on them. Lucy has a runny eye and she had it for a long time before me rescuing her and getting her checked out. She has no teeth problems and it was nothing serious or infectious. It is most likely a blocked tear duct that could possibly cause problems in the future but she is fine right now.
These buns could have multiple problems. If it is a dental problem then they will stop eating if in pain and uncomfortable so do keep a close eye out because it could turn in to an emergency if they stop eating. Unfortunately they may need a check up so be prepared.

See how they are tomorrow. GrahamL is right in that if it is an infection better to deal with is ASAP. They will probably be prescribed an antibiotic. If they still have obvious symptoms I might have come for them sooner (not sure when but it can be done). They definitely shouldn't be left nearly two weeks without being seen though.

Ok I will tell my mum. :|

Awww, they are gorgoeus :love: And they look so happy :D Well done for looking after them :thumb: :) Hope the vet check up goes well and they are ok :) Good luck with them xxx

And this ^^:)

Mischief and Tinkers Mum; i really hope you didnt think i was 'telling you what to do'. Just wanted you to be aware, as i know how much you care about bunnies as i've seen from your posts, but would hate for them to get sick whilst in yuor care.

I understand it must be very difficult whilst at school, but i know from Ginger's experiences, that if she has a VERY bad sneezing fit, she can be out of it for 30-40 minutes and look very distressed and unwell. I know how to deal with it now and don't rush to the vets, but have done once as she refused to move.

Just be prepared for a vet trip, if necessary :)

Mischief and Tinkers Mum; i really hope you didnt think i was 'telling you what to do'. Just wanted you to be aware, as i know how much you care about bunnies as i've seen from your posts, but would hate for them to get sick whilst in yuor care.

I understand it must be very difficult whilst at school, but i know from Ginger's experiences, that if she has a VERY bad sneezing fit, she can be out of it for 30-40 minutes and look very distressed and unwell. I know how to deal with it now and don't rush to the vets, but have done once as she refused to move.

Just be prepared for a vet trip, if necessary :)

No, it's ok, I know you only have the rabbit's best interests at heart. :) It's just I know how pricey vets can be and don't know what my parents would think about that and taking them as we were only meant to be boarding them. (we only went to vets last week for Mischief's teeth burring and that took up alot of my mum's time, of course we'd take him but it's not always easy) :( I will make sure we get them there though even if it means me paying myself.

I understand what you mean about it being difficult, my parents don't understand how fragile rabbits are and how important taking them to the vet can be. I hope they can get to the vets soon, best wishes to you and them xxx You are already doing a good job by offering to look after them for a bit, they are in good hands now.

Back