• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matilda has just had babies :/ please help!!

so cute :love:
:lol: ow did you know smartie was the dad? :lol:
i know the baby has patchs but one of the other rabbits is different coloured too......:)

Matilda is plain grey, and smartie is all stirpy! and the baby has strips, looks like a zebra! x

Baby looks like a harlequin, and that's what Smartie is. Its possible it could be a different rabbit, but the obvious answer would be Smartie. I know vaguely about genetics of the butterflies (which are what the other two 'spotties' are), but minimal about harlequins, but you would need to have a harlequin in the genes to have a harlequin baby.

no other males are in the house but smartie, so it must be him! x

Don't panic....as long as she can get back into the hutch/cage when she needs to she will.....some mum's only feed once a day some more often.

Just check baby in the morning and check S/He's warm and has a fat tummy :)

Matilda will do all the work she needs too.

Rabbits usually feed their young at night, so don't worry. Just check baby's tum every morning to make sure it's nice and full.

Make sure there's no way Smartie can get in with the again, or he may hurt the baby/impregnate mum again. World it be possible to get him neutered, and your doe spayed? That way you could bond them and keep them together, which would be lovely. :)

Rabbits usually feed their young at night, so don't worry. Just check baby's tum every morning to make sure it's nice and full.

Make sure there's no way Smartie can get in with the again, or he may hurt the baby/impregnate mum again. World it be possible to get him neutered, and your doe spayed? That way you could bond them and keep them together, which would be lovely. :)

i am saving up for neuting 3 of my males to bond! together, and go into a big hutch, im hoping this baby is a girl, and then she will stay with mum or get the baby neuted and stay with mum x

Matilda has not been back to the nest all day ! :? am quite worried!

Thats normal. Isla gave brith a week last friday and she is never with the kits during the day, although I have started locking her up for longer, as some fo the kits looked small/dehydrated, not much, but not what I would have liked her to be., plus she has a 'normal' litter of 6.

Mums will only feed 1 or2 times a day and will only do so at night when they are safe.

Thats normal. Isla gave brith a week last friday and she is never with the kits during the day, although I have started locking her up for longer, as some fo the kits looked small/dehydrated, not much, but not what I would have liked her to be., plus she has a 'normal' litter of 6.

Mums will only feed 1 or2 times a day and will only do so at night when they are safe.

aww! this one seems healthy, very wriggly! just checked it again and its nice and warm! so she must of made a good nest, mum spends all her day, sleeping and eating hay!!

Back