• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marbles' 'operation destruction' - how do house bun owners cope?!

i'm lucky that the only thing bisc and matt destroyed was the curtains. my main thing is the hay everywhere! :evil: but not alot i can do about that i suppose. we live in bisc's house, that how it seems. :lol:

I know I shouldn't laugh, but you found him down the loo??!! Poor Buster!! Was he thoroughly wet through and miserable?

Yep, his bottom half was wet through! Had no idea how long he had been down there but he pooped and had a wee. Had to give him a little bath poor thing. It is funny now though such a silly bunny! He got himself stuck up behind a kitchen cupboard aswell could only see his leg thought I would never get him out as it was only a 1.5 inch gap! I also lost him once in the house and took 2 hours to find him, somehow he was in a shut draw in a bedroom! This is why they arnt allowed to free range without supervision, Buster just cant keep out of trouble :D

I feel like I should have the Dyson permanently attached to my hand some days :lol:.

Fortunately Bea isn't that much of a nibbler, but she does have a fluffy bum which has hay stuck to it constantly, which then ends up being drasgged around the house.

I'm pretty sure th at the more of a mess rabbits make, the less they care. If everything is really tidy, no hay on the floor, Bea only poos in her tray. The minute she drags a load of hay onto the carpet, that area then becomes fair game for poos too :lol:.

Martha is like that with the hay - if she's dug it out then they all poo and wee all over it! I've given up now and I have two cage trays (80x50cm) full of hay and they keep everything in there.

Oh my, all of these stories have just reminded me of a situation that I think I must have suppressed from my memory! When I was little (maybe 12?) we had a little nethie. I used to bring him into my room quite a lot and one day I couldn't find him anywhere. Eventually heard a little noise from the divan drawer of my bed and there he was sat amongst my knickers! He had bitten a massive hole on the outside of the bed and hopped inside :shock: My mum was maaaad! :lol:

It was funny at the time but not sure I'd have the same sense of humour with my own house! You guys have a lot of patience!

To be perfectly honest, I am getting a little fed up with all the hay (which I'm allergic to) and if I could find a good housing solution and convince DD & DH (VERY difficult) I'd move them outside. I have 3 chewed sofas and that's more than enough.

It is quite tiring sometimes trying to stop my two from pulling the carpet up and nibbling the skirting board. Other than that they are quite good most of the time! I don't have a garden to put them in and plus they make me laugh so much every evening I wouldn't want to miss out on that. They've been quite destructive this morning but it's been focused on a box so I'm happy to let them wreck it but the noise gets quite annoying! Plus they don't eat the cardboard (which is good) but it means they throw it all over the floor!

Yep, his bottom half was wet through! Had no idea how long he had been down there but he pooped and had a wee. Had to give him a little bath poor thing. It is funny now though such a silly bunny! He got himself stuck up behind a kitchen cupboard aswell could only see his leg thought I would never get him out as it was only a 1.5 inch gap! I also lost him once in the house and took 2 hours to find him, somehow he was in a shut draw in a bedroom! This is why they arnt allowed to free range without supervision, Buster just cant keep out of trouble :D

Oh bless him!!! I daren't have mine as house bunnies as I live with my parents and I'd live in constant fear they'd destroy something. Having them on my bed for cuddles in the evening is bad enough!

Well so far Binx has chewed my new wallpaper in 5 places, a bit of wall. My silk scarf and my only pair of high heels. But I love having him in the house, he enriches the lives of my children, my dogs and us.

Mine drive my OH to distraction! He hates having hay & poo all over the living room floor, Slipper ate his phone charger, Blueberry did a nice runny poo on his xbox and we discovered last night, somebunny has pee'd on it too :shock:

I must have a really abnormal houserabbit:oops::lol: as he is so clean and generally well behaved. He doesn't pull hay out of his litter tray just a little overspill from him jumping out but its on a mat so easy to hoover. He leaves furniture alone as long as he can get past or behind it.

I agree that you have to bunny proof totally, so nothing is left below table height and all wires are in flexible conduit.

Visitors are funny though because if they leave their handbag on the floor he is in it or dragging it across the floor by his teeth:lol:

how are all the house bun owners not constantly exhausted?! :lol:

:lol::lol:

You can either be exhausted or resign yourself to the fact that your house will always be covered in hay no matter how often you vacuum. I opted for the latter.

He doesn't pull hay out of his litter tray just a little overspill from him jumping out but its on a mat so easy to hoover.

:shock:

You don't fancy a bunswap with a Belgian X do you?
I'd be at the end of my tether with her if she hadn't eaten it.

:lol::lol:

You can either be exhausted or resign yourself to the fact that your house will always be covered in hay no matter how often you vacuum. I opted for the latter.

This :thumb:

I love having the buns indoor - who needs TV when you've got 6 buns to look after:lol:. Our buns are not too destructive thankfully - we've been very lucky there BUT as they all come out for seperate free range time - they spend alot of that time re-asserting their territories - with LOADS of poops and pee - so alot of our evenings is spent sweeping up and moping the floors. Thankfully again - they only piddle on the wooden floor bits and not the carpeted areas. So alot to be grateful for inspite of the bit of extra work they cause - the joy we get though from having them FAR outweighs the fact that I seem to carry poops into my bed on my feet on occasion :lol::thumb:

Mine were hyper last night, taking it in turns to dig the hay out of the hay basket across the lounge floor!! They then spent ages digging it on the floor and Dudley was so pleased with his evenings work he finished in style by binkying all over it :lol:

BD895B40-1F1E-48C5-9887-9392ACDD2108-2251-000002BC5F816345_zpse19848ac.jpg

This picture really made me laugh - bless their little fluffy feetsies! :lol::lol::love::love:

Looks like you actually live in their house :lol: x

:shock:

Do YOU want a bunswap with a Belgie X?!

I found some hay in my pants once, while I was wearing them.

I once found hay in my bra as I was about to put it on.... Out of the clean washing!! :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back