• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucky almost ripped the radiator cover off the wall

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I've now fixed it securely to the wall. He has been tugging on it and trying to get behind it because there was a piece of rabbit food he was trying to get and he discovered he could move the radiator cover by digging and tugging the side of it. It was driving me crazy lol. He can't move it anymore now but he is trying.

Any tips to discourage a bunny from digging and trying to get into the radiator cover?

The noise can get irritating after a while.

I've not found anything really that will discourage a determined rabbit trying to do a natural behaviour, which isn't great for us when they live in our homes! Blocking it off and then provided another outlet for digging would be good, I think yours may have dog boxes already? Something like a plastic underbed storage box filled with safe compost (no added chemicals)

I have a willow log for him to play with I've been drilling some shallow holes into it and hiding little rabbit nuggets in them so his attentions have been on that now although he still wants to dig at the radiator cover. I guess once he discovers he can\t move it anymore he might give up. I'll have to find him a cardboard box, he loves ripping those up.

Back