• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Loose in The Garden

Mariac1510

Young Bun
I only let Mr Tibbs run around the garden when we are home and i can keep an eye on him.

Does anyone here lets their rabbits run free all day rather than have a pen?

I only let Mr Tibbs run around the garden when we are home and i can keep an eye on him.

Does anyone here lets their rabbits run free all day rather than have a pen?

No, absolutely never
I would not forgive myself if a Fox/Cat/Bird of Prey killed any of my Rabbits.

Glad that i am not the only one that worries about birds of prey etc. The person that we got Mr Tibbs from use to let him roam all day and I thought it wasn't right.

Absolutely not.

The risk from predators coming in, and the risk of the rabbit either burrowing or chewing their way out is too high.

Better safe than sorry I say:D

Never unless I am there with them at the time. I have heard too many horrid experiences from people who have lost their rabbits to predators even through they had never seen any preivously in their area.

Absolutely not! The amount of stories you hear of rabbits being killed when they are locked in a hutch or run. Imagine what would happen if they were loose *shudders* no no no!

I have heard too many horrid experiences from people who have lost their rabbits to predators even through they had never seen any preivously in their area.

Yes I am one of those people. Several years ago I used to keep my rabbits free range shutting them up only at night, but I did used to leave them out as I went to work and did my daily business. I used to say that we had lived there for several years and never seen a fox so it must be safe. After 7 years of keeping bunnies free range, I found out that the day you discover you've got a new fox in the area, it's also the last day you see your bunnies alive :(

yes i do, my 2 love racing round the garden binkying all over the place, at first i put them in a run but they just seemed to sit there and mope Alan my nethie hates runs doesn't move in one but in the garden he must feel free to race about but of course i am in the garden at all times with them xx

Back