• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what i have just won!!

forgive me for being rude but are you a charity kris as i think buying small hutches off ebay is wasting money that could go to your rabbits instead just my opion really sorry if i sound off tone

teresa

forgive me for being rude but are you a charity kris as i think buying small hutches off ebay is wasting money that could go to your rabbits instead just my opion really sorry if i sound off tone

teresa

I am.

Its £5 - from my own money.

In my opinion it is money well spent, as never again will a rabbit have to live in a box prison cell. 2.25 ft long- wouldn't even put a Hamster in it.

i see where you are coming from but when people are donating to you and your charity it seems strange that you are spending money on something that is wasteful i understand that you are saving a bunny from livin in it but your money would be better spent on your bunnies just my opion really

teresa

It is my own money, it has nothing to do with money donated, or rescue funds.

Can i not go out anywhere, or buy anything, as that money could go towards the rescue despite being my own money?

For the sake of a fiver I think it's actually quite a good use of money. As Kris says, it's her own money anyway so what does it matter?

It'd be pretty easy to squander a fiver on a glass of wine and a cornetto, or on a cinema ticket, or a new bag, so why not use it to get a crappy hutch like that out of circulation? The fact that someone else bid on it suggests that it's likely a bunny would have ended up in it otherwise.

i think what you did was brilliant!

Well done for stopping another poor bunny living in that!

My little hamsters cage was twice the side of that!!

Poor little rabbit that lived in that :cry::cry::cry:

For the sake of a fiver I think it's actually quite a good use of money. As Kris says, it's her own money anyway so what does it matter?

It'd be pretty easy to squander a fiver on a glass of wine and a cornetto, or on a cinema ticket, or a new bag, so why not use it to get a crappy hutch like that out of circulation? The fact that someone else bid on it suggests that it's likely a bunny would have ended up in it otherwise.

Adult cinema tickets in Kingston are £8 something :shock: so it is cheaper than a cinema ticket ;)

I was only 1 bid from being outbid, as the other bidder bid £5 :(

I have been informed the hutch was only used when they were being cleaned out, to put them in, but it still does not excuse the fact it is very unlikely the other bidder was getting it for the same reason, as it was advertised as a bunny hutch, it would most likely have been used full time as a permanant home :(

Just need to get it here to start the fun!!

i see where you are coming from but when people are donating to you and your charity it seems strange that you are spending money on something that is wasteful i understand that you are saving a bunny from livin in it but your money would be better spent on your bunnies just my opion really

teresa

Kris has a seperate fund for all donations receieved, these all go directly to vet bills and rabbit care (I know this because I receive a lot of her dontations to my pay pal and write a cheque directly to her vets!)

How she spends her own money is no ones business but hers,I agree it was a good thing to do :)

Well done! Another nasty hutch removed!

Just been on ebay looking at hutches. Don't need one i was just curious. I searched 4 pages and there were no 6ft hutches at all. Saw some dreadful 2ft ones. One of the 2ft ones came with an additional 2ft by 2ft run!!!! Poor bun that ends up in that one!:shock::(

Well done Kris :D saving one bun at least from a life of misery! Oscar is probably the size of that hutch, wouldn't even be able to turn around :(

Well done for that. Just out of interest if anyone could answer I would be greatful - I have heard that pet shops are not allowed to sell 3ft hutches as rabbit hutches, is this true does the same apply to professional ebay sellers that make new 3ft "rabbit hutches"

well done, instead of smashing it up, u could use it as a sunshelter in the garden if your buns are free range..:wave:

Well done for that. Just out of interest if anyone could answer I would be greatful - I have heard that pet shops are not allowed to sell 3ft hutches as rabbit hutches, is this true does the same apply to professional ebay sellers that make new 3ft "rabbit hutches"

Not sure how well monitered this is though. The garden centre near me sells very small hutches labelled as 'rabbit hutch':censored:

Back