• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I found

quote: Kirkby don't neuter feamles as Theo says the lady, Celia, does not agree with it..and probably can't afford it with the numbers she takes in
but I don't think she is against new owners getting it done if that's what they wish

I am going to pick up scruffy from them tommorrow but it was a lady called Beth that I have been communicating with. Do you think maybe she fosters for them :?

I think she's one of the volunteers who goes down every week :D

I just rang the rescue, and they were like oh don't call her that I don't name them, describe her to me, so I started describing her and she was like oh we don't have her, don't you want any other rabbit, and I said well I don't know what other bunnies you had, I was just looking for a single female bunny on rabbit re-home, and she oh well then goodbye, and hung up, :cry: I almost cried, she sounded so ticked off that I rang asking about a bunny.

Speak to AbbyMarySmokey as she knows this lady ;)

Thanks everyone... I've decided to just leave it now... see I find it very hard to make some decisions, and well they way she spoke on the phone... then seeing that she rehomes bunnies and G'pigs together, hear she doesn't believe in spaying, that to me is not something I feel I can support, yet I can see she is obviously trying hard (in her own way) to rescue all the homeless buns out there, and doing what she can, which is a quality I admire in anyone, so i feel kinda torn, so I'm just going to drop it. There are hundreds of other abandoned bunnies, and I'm sure there are many more who have been looking for homes a loooong time. She just seemed so lovely, but I fall in love with bunnies all the time... there are many more! :oops:

Thanks everyone... I've decided to just leave it now... see I find it very hard to make some decisions, and well they way she spoke on the phone... then seeing that she rehomes bunnies and G'pigs together, hear she doesn't believe in spaying, that to me is not something I feel I can support, yet I can see she is obviously trying hard (in her own way) to rescue all the homeless buns out there, and doing what she can, which is a quality I admire in anyone, so i feel kinda torn, so I'm just going to drop it. There are hundreds of other abandoned bunnies, and I'm sure there are many more who have been looking for homes a loooong time. She just seemed so lovely, but I fall in love with bunnies all the time... there are many more! :oops:

Aww...:)

Ok, whilst Celia has some old fashioned views about female bunnies, there are people who have adopted and then neutered them (Mod Leanne being one of them). I tend to foster bunnies from Celia, rather than adopt. The ones I take are unhomables that Celia wouldn't rehome and she likes to know how they're doing. Although I know Celia quite well now, or rather she knows me and trusts me to adopt the buns rather than foster them, which is why Gnasher was an adopted bun rather than a foster bun. The buns at Celia's really do need homes :D Celia does a great job and I will take nothing away from all the years she's done and she has saved so many bunnies, so for this I overlook her rather unconventional approach to rabbit spaying. :D

I have got every single pic and details of all the Kirby bunnies here, but not had chance to put them on RR :oops::oops::oops: sorry my bad :oops::oops:

Back