• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look at this!! 500 rabbits......

awwww they look soo happy.. i feel a bit of a failure now... my bunny should have that life not stuck in a kakky house :( really amazing to see that many buns all free(ish)

I think it's fantastic!! And whilst I agree that it would be hard to keep health checks on all of them I personally would rather give those rabbits the lives they are going to have than the ones they have come from and (might get shot for saying this) also they are going to have so much freedom, if I had the choice I would rather give a rabbit 3years in that environment than 10 in a small hutch and run. However much space we give our rabbits they could always outlive and outrun it.

I couldnt agree more. I followed the story of the Reno rabbits when it first made the headlines last year. There were over 1000 rabbits and its amazing how they managed to find places for them all. I think I would pass out if someone called me to ask if I could take that many :shock: . If I ever got the chance (lottery win permitting :lol: ) I would love to go to the rabbit sanctuary and see all those bunnies running round in their purpous built enclosure, it must be the most amazing thing to see :D The people involved with the rescue of these rabbits did a fantastic job organising for them all to be neutered and building those fab enclosures. For all those rabbits they must have a great quality of life compared to that of one living in a small hutch and run on a permanent basis ;) For anyone who wants to read more about them there is loads of info on this website http://network.bestfriends.org/greatbunnyrescue/news/9109.html

also another bunny rescue said they couldn't handle their 100 or so rabbits so they sent them to that rescue.

they have so much space, I think it's neat.

I think it's fantastic!! And whilst I agree that it would be hard to keep health checks on all of them I personally would rather give those rabbits the lives they are going to have than the ones they have come from and (might get shot for saying this) also they are going to have so much freedom, if I had the choice I would rather give a rabbit 3years in that environment than 10 in a small hutch and run. However much space we give our rabbits they could always outlive and outrun it.

I agree, what a wonderful life for them.

but they won't be able to know each bun, look after them indervidually and get them used to human contact there is no way that any of those buns would be ok for rehoming because they would dart off to their rabbity friends, they will have to stay there forever!

but they won't be able to know each bun, look after them indervidually and get them used to human contact there is no way that any of those buns would be ok for rehoming because they would dart off to their rabbity friends, they will have to stay there forever!

See here: http://snipurl.com/1r4ib
Adoptions
Two kinds:
a) Bunnies who can be taken in as pets. There aren’t many of these now, (but there will be in a few months as the baby bunnies grow up and are spayed and neutered). Most of the rabbits have not grown up with people and are basically feral. So,
b) Bunnies who prefer to live outdoors. A fascinating and adorable glimpse of bunny life in the wild. They’re available in groups of ten who are bonded together as families. We’ll help you put a proper “rabitat” in your backyard. You’ll feed them and care for them, but they’ll live together in a way that’s very close to nature.
:D

omg! how amazing! the video is fab! I love the bit where they all go tearing around the perimeter! I haven't smled so much for ages :lol:

Back