• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long Time No Speak

Beapig

Mama Doe
Hi every bun,

I haven't posted in RU in what feels like forever. I've personally found the whole pandemic/brexit situation to be completely draining this year, and just haven't felt like I've had the mental capacity to contribute to the forum. I've done the odd bit of silent lurking, but overall have become a bit of a recluse, both online and in real life! I hope that it won't be this way forever and I've really missed chatting to the lovely, familiar faces here on RU and reading about how your bunnies are doing. I thought I would check in to say hi but I'm not sure if I'm completely ready to be back on here every day yet.

I'm pleased to report that all four of my rabbits are doing well. I think we've had Lily and Maple for just over a year now, they are still quite skittish girls but we have fallen in love with both of then and their quirky personalities. Maple is the queen of binkies and Lily is Maple's shadow, they have such a strong bond. Hamilton remains to be the sweetest, most affectionate boy who likes to lick my ankles, and Jellybean still rules the roost and puts everyone in their place :lol: We still haven't tried to bond the four of them again yet - both pairs have plenty of space for now so we're going to wait until we hopefully move house next year to try and have them as a quad.

I think the last time I posted on here in Spring, I was having a right time of things with Ham & Jelly having stasis, cecotropes and being worried about Maple's weight. Thankfully there was nothing to worry about, Maple actually weighs more than Lily who looks super healthy, so I have concluded that her slightly bony looking behind is a combination of her personal bone structure and her mottled coat creating the illusion of a more angular pelvis.

I seem to have solved the cecotrope issue now, they're on new pellets these past couple of weeks called 'Rosewood Naturals Meadow Menu', although I'm not sure if I'm feeding too many or too little of them. On the RWAF diet calculator it says for Jellybean for example, who weights about 2.48kg, I should be feeding about 50 grams of pellets per day. That sounds like a lot to me - I have been feeding more like 25 grams each per day for Ham and Jelly, would be interested to know if anyone else goes off of the RWAF calculator or not?

I thought I'd share some pictures - here is Jellybean on the fancy scales we bought. I looked for ages at reviews on different scales, but so many of them said they broke after a couple of months or were not very accurate. So in the end I splashed out on some proper, vet grade scales. I'm sure they will last a lifetime so hopefully the steep price was worth it! They're very sturdy and seem to be very accurate too.

And finally, some photos of my bunnies with these adorable little custom miniature bun figures I had made of them :love: I have missed you guys a lot, I'm sorry that I haven't been around. I hope you're all doing as well as one can be during these rather uncertain times. Sending love!

20211008_110236 by Rayfriend_Brown, on Flickr

20210710_122053 by Rayfriend_Brown, on Flickr

20210710_121939 by Rayfriend_Brown, on Flickr

20210710_121838 by Rayfriend_Brown, on Flickr

20210710_122020 by Rayfriend_Brown, on Flickr

Hey Beapig - I've missed you. Gardening thread has not been the same without you. Your bunnies are looking just perfect - those figurines are really clever & cute too. Hope to see you & your bunny four more often x

Hi there :D Your Bunnies all look very well :love:

I have been a recluse for over 25 years, so I am very lucky in that the last 18 months have made very little difference to my day to day life. It must be very tough for you and for anyone else who has found things a real struggle.

Hi, I've missed you too. I often think about you, your current bunnies and of course the wonderful Plumpkin :love:

Come back as and when you can :love:

Hey Beapig - I've missed you. Gardening thread has not been the same without you. Your bunnies are looking just perfect - those figurines are really clever & cute too. Hope to see you & your bunny four more often x

Aww thank you J&B, that means a lot to me! Is it too late to share some recap photos on the gardening thread? I didn't have as much time for the garden this year so it has been a bit of a mess, but we still had some nice harvests of our favourite veggies, which is the main thing! I hope things are well with you <3

Hi there :D Your Bunnies all look very well :love:

I have been a recluse for over 25 years, so I am very lucky in that the last 18 months have made very little difference to my day to day life. It must be very tough for you and for anyone else who has found things a real struggle.

Hi Jane! :wave: I've always been an introvert and have worked from home the past four years, so you would think I would be cut out for the pandemic madness. I think it's more the anxiety about everyday things when I leave the house that have impacted me, more so than feeling lonely. I'm lucky to have my partner and my animals here at home. In 2020 I didn't feel so bad - it has just dragged out for so long, it is tiresome. Hope that everything is okay with you <3

Hi, I've missed you too. I often think about you, your current bunnies and of course the wonderful Plumpkin :love:

Come back as and when you can :love:

Hi Omi, I've missed you! My kale has been a disaster this year because my cat kept opening up the netting to use it as a tent, so the caterpillars and slugs have been having a whale of a time. I often think about your kale and how I'm sure it looks 100 times better than mine :lol: It's so lovely that you still think of Plumpkin, I miss her as always :love:

It’s good to see you back :wave: your bunnies look happy and healthy:love:

Hi Zoobec! :wave: It's good to see you too, and your lovely new puppy in your signature! :love: Thank you, I'm so pleased that my bunnies are happy and healthy at the moment :)

Nice to have you back, and love the photos of all your bunnies with their little models :D

Hi Pets mum, I'm glad that you like the little pet portraits, they're simplistic but absolutely adorable! The bunnies were very curious, but luckily none of them got nibbled in the process of taking a photo :lol:

Hi Zoobec! :wave: It's good to see you too, and your lovely new puppy in your signature! :love: Thank you, I'm so pleased that my bunnies are happy and healthy at the moment :)

Thankyou :wave: yes, life is very different for us now. Yoshi was just what the doctor ordered :love:

Hello Beapig,

Lovely to see you r bunnies doing well, and love the figurines! I want some too. I’m sorry to hear about the anxiety, it’s incredibly hard at this time x

Back