• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola just attacked me!! VET U/D

Fiver was the same. He still loves me and we have snuggles every night and morning but it took him a while to settle down. He still growls and nips/boxes but I just have to understand what he is telling me and when he is in the mood for snuggles. He only wants nose rubs on his terms, not mine. :)

Don't despair. You can have her spayed soon and hopefully she will calm down.

Any thought of getting her a friend in the future? Fiver seemed to really chill out once I had a friend for him. I think half the problem with him is that he is very intelligent and active and gets bored very easily, which makes him even more frustrated and angry lol.

She still licks me, sometimes really enthusiastically so she cant hate me that much :| I wasn't treating her like a teddy bear, I respect her space but her space was my space so we had loads of cuddles. She has come and sat on my knee tonight and stretched to lick my nose, then hopped away. "I still love you mummy, just don't touch me" lol :|

The people I got her off just plonked her in a hutch with 2 other rabbits and from what they said it sounds like the other 2 rabbits attacked her, so I'd be very wary of getting her a bunny friend. I haven't got the space for another separate indoor set up if things didn't pan out so I'd probably have to either "loan" a bunny (if you can even do that" or take her along somewhere to see if there was a bunny she wasn't terrified of :( it's definitely something I'll seriously consider in the future, but I wont get all eager on that until I have her spayed and her hormones settle down, then I'll see whats suitable :thumb:

She still licks me, sometimes really enthusiastically so she cant hate me that much :| I wasn't treating her like a teddy bear, I respect her space but her space was my space so we had loads of cuddles. She has come and sat on my knee tonight and stretched to lick my nose, then hopped away. "I still love you mummy, just don't touch me" lol :|

The people I got her off just plonked her in a hutch with 2 other rabbits and from what they said it sounds like the other 2 rabbits attacked her, so I'd be very wary of getting her a bunny friend. I haven't got the space for another separate indoor set up if things didn't pan out so I'd probably have to either "loan" a bunny (if you can even do that" or take her along somewhere to see if there was a bunny she wasn't terrified of :( it's definitely something I'll seriously consider in the future, but I wont get all eager on that until I have her spayed and her hormones settle down, then I'll see whats suitable :thumb:

Oh another bunny wouldn't be fore a while yet, if you did decide to consider it. I think she would be ok, you can go to rescues and have "bunny dates". They can even bond them for you so there is no need to worry too much. :) Like I said this is in the future but worth considering!

I don't think Lola hates you! Have you had a read through this website? http://language.rabbitspeak.com/
Reading this really made me understand Fiver and made me realise that he didn't hate me and was just letting me know what I was doing wrong. :lol:

Thank you so much for sending that link. I was googling on my phone earlier, found that page, and I was having a read but got preoccupied with something else and lost the page.

:D you're a star!

Just thought I'd mention that fern was attackd very badly by another rabbit before I got her (she had stitches on her eyelid and right down her side) but she was absolutely fine to bond and adores Elmo, so when youre ready lola will hopefully take to a new bunny too :)

Thank you so much for sending that link. I was googling on my phone earlier, found that page, and I was having a read but got preoccupied with something else and lost the page.

:D you're a star!

:thumb: I adore that website! It's really fun and makes me laugh and is just so helpful. :) I hope it helps with Lola. :)

i think you have it all under control try not to over analyse it , its not about her not liking you my bonded pair get fed up with each other sometimes and sit away on their own, she clearly still wants to be petted but perhaps not picked up so she moves just in case....

maybe just pet her for now and don't do the cuddle thing they are animals first and the cuddling is something we humans think they want in fact when they are lifted the fear factor sets in i hope you don't mind me saying but in the pic of her being cuddled she does not look happy she looks uncomfortable with it rabbits always look so relieved once they are put back on the ground ...

my pair of bonded rabbits will sit next to me climb over me get underneath me they hate being picked up i only pick them up if i need to put them somewhere ie carrier box i don't do the cuddle thing they get lots of strokes and nose rubs and they are very relaxed around me...

i think you have it all under control try not to over analyse it , its not about her not liking you my bonded pair get fed up with each other sometimes and sit away on their own, she clearly still wants to be petted but perhaps not picked up so she moves just in case....

maybe just pet her for now and don't do the cuddle thing they are animals first and the cuddling is something we humans think they want in fact when they are lifted the fear factor sets in i hope you don't mind me saying but in the pic of her being cuddled she does not look happy she looks uncomfortable with it rabbits always look so relieved once they are put back on the ground ...

my pair of bonded rabbits will sit next to me climb over me get underneath me they hate being picked up i only pick them up if i need to put them somewhere ie carrier box i don't do the cuddle thing they get lots of strokes and nose rubs and they are very relaxed around me...

She had just had her injections and they made her a little sleepy, she stayed there for a while when she'd ran away from me all day, if she hadn't wanted to stay I'm sure she wouldn't of done, just had my hand around her for the photo :wave: (was sat on the floor, so she wouldn't of hurt herself if she hopped away)

Back