• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lola just attacked me!! VET U/D

Been in the shower, washed my hair. Just got to dry it, then ill put on the dressing gown she normally sits on.

I know this sounds completely stupid, but I genuinely feel as though I've lost another rabbit :( she's gone from a confident, friendly bunny to a skittish, hidey unsociable one in the matter of 2 hours :|

im sorry :( that must be so awful. if you're worried you could pop her to the vet? changes in behaviour can be down to medical reasons, although hopefully its just hormones or something more simple :)

im sorry :( that must be so awful. if you're worried you could pop her to the vet? changes in behaviour can be down to medical reasons, although hopefully its just hormones or something more simple :)

I've just phoned up, booked her in for her vaccinations for tomorrow so I'll get him to check her over. She honestly seems fine when left alone, she hasn't stopped eating, there's a million nice poops in her litter tray, and she's hopping about fine, doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or anything. I'll ask him when she can be spayed too.

She hops around feet a lot too, which she's still doing but as soon as you bend over she runs away again :( hopefully this shower might have some effect when I go downstairs. Goodness knows how im going to get her in the carrier tomorrow if she won't be picked up :(

Well... She's more fussy this morning but not as much as usual. Coming over for a stroke etc.. But she still won't let me lift her to pop her on my knee, runs away :(

:( that's a shame that she's not back to her normal self :( sounds like she's being a bit of a grumpy teenager to me! My two definitely don't have that excuse, all their hormonal bits have gone! When you've had her spayed she should go back to normal but it can take a few weeks, just keep up letting her no you love her and she'll come around and remember :thumb: I'm going to go lie on the floor with my two at some point, almost myself with them! They don't mind me but they're acting scared of me too so hopefully this will remind them I'm a friend! Maybe you could try something like that?

I'm sat on the floor in the clothes we were snuggling in the other night, she sniffs me and then runs away :( she's usually hopping all over me licking and nudging my hand for fusses, she's not even licking me now, just sniffing like she doesn't even know who I am :(

I'm sat on the floor in the clothes we were snuggling in the other night, she sniffs me and then runs away :( she's usually hopping all over me licking and nudging my hand for fusses, she's not even licking me now, just sniffing like she doesn't even know who I am :(

It might take some time for her to feel better about things depending what upset her. Time and patience could work though, have you got a good book you can sit on the floor and read? Try not to get too upset, I'm sure she loves you, she's just not showing it in the most obvious ways! If you keep showing her love she'll start showing you love back (even if it takes a while)

Silly bunnies! Harvey seems to have forgiven me, but Lilly's still off :(

Well whatever we've done, I hope they love us soon :( I've changed her vets appt for today at 4.50 so hopefully they'll be able to shed some light! Wish us luck! Xxx

As Lucy said, spring can make bunnies a little crazy. It sounds like she is being hormonal. When I say Fiver "nips" me..I mean he lunges and growls at me, boxes and nips me if I annoy him. :lol: Most of my friends are scared of him because he is so grumpy.

Just a thought, is she moulting? My bunnies get very angry when they are having a heavy moult! :roll:

Get her teeth and eyes checked at the vets. Xena (my doe) lunges at me sometimes if I spook her or walk passed her quickly. She is blind in one eye and has cataracts in both, took me a while to realise why she was acting aggressive towards me but when I learnt about her poor vision, I adjusted how I was with her and we get along brilliantly now. :thumb:

Obviously it is probably only hormones and spring fever so I wouldn't worry too much. Just best to get her checked out just in case. Good luck!

No she's not really moulting :| I really don't know :( I just sat on the floor, she came up to me, I stroked her but as soon as I moved my other hand she ran away :( strange bunny, xxx

So the vet checked her over, tummy and lungs sound fine. She's 2kg exactly, they said they'd like to wait a little longer before spaying her and she's definitely a she :thumb: picked her up in the vets, first cuddle all day! And she let me give her a cuddle at home but she's hopped under the table and is going to sleep, probably the vaccination. Just said if she doesn't perk up to take her back! Xxx

2013-04-02172750_zps1aa6b61c.jpg

Here she is, having a cuddle when we got home :) her bum is on my legs so she couldn't kick out :thumb:

If you want to swap Lola's then I'm all for it ;):lol: my Lola is a terror 24/7 and spayed :lol: I love her though :love: she's got dodgy eyesight though so lunges and head butts you all the time because she can't figure out who it is:lol: whereas before she was spayed.. she would lunge and take a chunk out of you if you weren't quick enough:lol:

I don't want to swap :oops: sorry!! Yeah I hope so too, I miss our cuddles, I miss her being so fussy! She is a little better than she was, but still not 100% with me

She has a face like Fiver :love: Does she have dutchie in her? I hope she isn't going to turn out like him! He's a complete and utter monster! :lol: I love him, though. He might be a complete mischief maker but he is the soppiest little fluffster that I have ever met. (But only when nobody is watching) :lol:

Really glad the vet trip went ok. :)

I reckon she does because of how demanding she is/was :wave: I really miss our cuddles :( naughty bunny unloving me! :lol:

mine changed over night from enjoying strokes etc to not wanting to be touched they were about 15 weeks old they were both neutered at 16 weeks they are now 7 months and still not overly keen on being fussed but are gradually coming out the over side of it and being more relaxed instead of dashing about i thinks its just something they go through ..

i know it was only 2 hours but actually 2 hours is a long time in rabbit time i think most rabbits prefer not to be picked up and prefer to be stroked after all they are not cuddly toys i don't blame them for getting angry it must be quite annoying :lol:

I know but she genuinely seemed to love it, she came over to me every single minute I spent in the same room as her and got very upset if I ignored her.. Now she doesn't want to know! :|

I know but she genuinely seemed to love it, she came over to me every single minute I spent in the same room as her and got very upset if I ignored her.. Now she doesn't want to know! :|

Fiver was the same. He still loves me and we have snuggles every night and morning but it took him a while to settle down. He still growls and nips/boxes but I just have to understand what he is telling me and when he is in the mood for snuggles. He only wants nose rubs on his terms, not mine. :)

Don't despair. You can have her spayed soon and hopefully she will calm down.

Any thought of getting her a friend in the future? Fiver seemed to really chill out once I had a friend for him. I think half the problem with him is that he is very intelligent and active and gets bored very easily, which makes him even more frustrated and angry lol.

Back