• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local Indoor Rabbit Boarding?

Sweetie said:
I know of a Bunny Hotel in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, if thats any help :? Let me know and ill PM you the details if you want them. :D

Hiya Sweetie - long time no speak - hope you and your furries are all fine and dandy!

Might be worth folks just being a bit careful re Boarders - I think this particular place used to be based in Northfield prior to moving to Bromsgrove and I don't know of their facilities to give any feedback one way or the other but might be worth checking what their policy is on the bunnies they take - i.e must they be vaccinated :?: - I know sometimes anything is preferable to a bunny being left home but as an ideal vaccinated bunnies only would be a preference for me I think :wink:

bunnytales said:
Sweetie said:
I know of a Bunny Hotel in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, if thats any help :? Let me know and ill PM you the details if you want them. :D

Hiya Sweetie - long time no speak - hope you and your furries are all fine and dandy!

Might be worth folks just being a bit careful re Boarders - I think this particular place used to be based in Northfield prior to moving to Bromsgrove and I don't know of their facilities to give any feedback one way or the other but might be worth checking what their policy is on the bunnies they take - i.e must they be vaccinated :?: - I know sometimes anything is preferable to a bunny being left home but as an ideal vaccinated bunnies only would be a preference for me I think :wink:

My friend uses them, although I forgot to ask her for the details, so if anyone can pm me with them please...!! She thinks they're great (whoever they are!!)

Beany said:
bunnytales said:
Sweetie said:

My friend uses them, although I forgot to ask her for the details, so if anyone can pm me with them please...!! She thinks they're great (whoever they are!!)

Hi Bunnytales, furries are all fine and dandy, driving me up the wall with their moult though :roll: nice cream carpet doesnt bode well with a big black bun stomping round the place :lol: :lol: :lol:
!!
Ive used this hotel a couple of times, its a lady named Jackie, shes lovely. Proof of vaccination has to be shown, she wont take an unvaccinated bun at all. She has indoor and out door runs, all massive!! The buns are truly spoilt!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hiya, please can I just reiterate something that Lany (bunnytales) has said.
When boarding your bunnies you need to consider very carefully the following:
Firstly if you have an informal pet sitting set up with a friend, if anything goes wrong friendships can be tested to the limit.
There will be no insurance cover etc.
If using a boarding establishment, ask for references, visit and view the set up , make sure you are asked about vaccinations and a Boarding Contract is exchanged between both parties.

Rescues and Sanctuaries rely upon donations raised from offering a boarding service to help with their huge costs.
if you are in a position to have a holiday, please consider using these facilities as you are helping other bunnies in addition to your own.
Good boarding establishments will provide great care for your bunnies and lots of space, plus they are in general very experienced to deal with any situation that may arise.
Bunnies seem to thrive in a change of environment too, but of course will be glad to see their Mummys and Daddys on return from their holidays.
I think perhaps people do not realise how much time and effort those offering a boarding service have taken to set up special areas for Clients bunnies. nor the fact that we forego having holidays ourselves to ensure other people can relax on theirs.

Best wishes

SOAD said:

15 Tree :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You seem to have acquired a few more !!....we are down from 44 last year to only 36 now :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adele said:
SOAD said:

15 Tree :!: :!: :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....we are down from 44 last year to only 36 now :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awwww you've still got room for a few more :D , My 15 are a nightmare to look after, I don't know how you cope :lol:

[quote="SOAD"
Awwww you've still got room for a few more :D , My 15 are a nightmare to look after, I don't know how you cope :lol:[/quote]

:shock: :shock: :shock: NO MORE BUNNIES, PLEASE NO MORE :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: room or no room, I have not got the time now I have restarted my degree course :roll: :roll:
As for coping Tree, we DONT :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it is a military operation every morning at 5.45 am, having a strict routine is the only way it works and bunnies all have cuddles and lots of exercise daily :wink: ..well actually, it is me getting the exercise as they chase me around the garden :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

well I can certainly see why some members with large numbers of animals would use a friend as the cost would be extortionate to board :shock: :shock: :shock: some people struggle to save for a holiday let alone pay the equilivant again to board their pets :shock: :shock:

I personally dont think a friendship would be tested should something happen to the animal whilst in their care, you take the risk yes but you would not blame them if something happened. You can loose a beloved pet at anytime so if it happened while you were on holiday is no different really. If you are asking a friend then that means that you trust them to look after your pet and do everything possible should anything happen or you would'nt be asking them in the first place.

Eddie bun is insured and Marcel will be too soon so all I would do is 1. instruct my vets. 2. Leave my friend the excess money to cover both and extra money to cover any other costs :)

Some boarding establishments are pretty expensive so I understand why many dont use them :(

Back