• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local garden centre selling pets again :(

There were two buns in yesterday. Staff said they are Nethies but they are not, they are Nethie-Xs. I enquired as to if they came from a breeding line free from the Dental probs many Nethies have and was told that the breeder says Nethies are not prone to Dental problems..............:roll: :roll:

Poor Buns :cry:

Janex

There were two buns in yesterday. Staff said they are Nethies but they are not, they are Nethie-Xs. I enquired as to if they came from a breeding line free from the Dental probs many Nethies have and was told that the breeder says Nethies are not prone to Dental problems..............:roll: :roll:

Janex

Supplied by a very knowledgeable 'breeder' then!:censored:

Janex

Yet another breeder who knows naff all then!!!

What makes me so cross is that these Buns *might* find themselves in Rescue in a year or so *if* they do have Dental problems. The new owner may not be willing/able to pay for lifelong treatment so yet again it'll be down to a Rescue to pick up the pieces.

It is so irresponsible of *some* breeders who clearly have no idea where the Rabbits *they* produce will end up.

Janex

What makes me so cross is that these Buns *might* find themselves in Rescue in a year or so *if* they do have Dental problems. The new owner may not be willing/able to pay for lifelong treatment so yet again it'll be down to a Rescue to pick up the pieces.

It is so irresponsible of *some* breeders who clearly have no idea where the Rabbits *they* produce will end up.

Janex

You are assuming that the new owner would take them to a vet in the first place, they wouldn't know that these animals are prone to dental problems and would take one home put it in a hutch and leave it there and that animal could suffer terribly.

People wonder why I detest breeders so much........my goodness me, those poor bunnies!:cry:

Back