• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray and Food bowl for 2 buns?

Sagemacd

Young Bun
Hi there

I will be getting a new Bunny to join my Charlie in about a month. At the moment he has a Corner Litter tray that is just the right size for him to lie in and eat hay and do his business. He also has his own bowl for his food. I was just wondering if when you have 2 rabbits you need to have a litter tray that is big enough for them both to sit in like a cats one? and also do you need 2 bowls for food and 2 water bottles?

Sage

I'd have two litter trays....and they should be big enough for them to sit in together. I don't really like the corner ones, as they can't lie down properly in them. (I don't think you'd fit two in one.)

Two bowls are a good idea, as it should minimise food aggression....unless you have my buns, who insist on eating each other's food! :roll: I have two water bottles, but that's just convenience, as two Frenchies drink a lot of water, and I worry that they'd drink it before I noticed.

A bigger litter tray would probably be a good idea: the corner ones tend to be difficult for them to sit in and use anyway. I've always given two bonded bunnies just the one food dish and water bottle though, and have never had any problems.

Also on the subjust of 2 bunnies. I heard that they have to be taken to the vet together so they dont loose their bond. Is this true? would they both be fine in one carrier?

Also on the subjust of 2 bunnies. I heard that they have to be taken to the vet together so they dont loose their bond. Is this true? would they both be fine in one carrier?

Once bonded I'd take them in the same carrier to the vet. If one goes, then the other should. Even with an overnight stay.:)

Back