• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training - help post #10

Yeah.

Dont have it in multiple locations.

Keep it in the litter tray and the litter tray only, or a rack above the litter tray. Bunnies most often poop while eating, so it makes sense :):wave:

Ok :D At the moment they have it in a plastic dog bed as thats their litter tray but im going to get a hay rack soon and use straw for the bedding and hay above it.

Ok :D At the moment they have it in a plastic dog bed as thats their litter tray but im going to get a hay rack soon and use straw for the bedding and hay above it.

I am excessively jealous. Biccy would remove every last strain of hay from that before using it :lol:

I am excessively jealous. Biccy would remove every last strain of hay from that before using it :lol:

awww, I read about all of Biccys adventures with his litter boxes. Mine dont seem to dig or chew anything, well other than the willow toys which their supposed to :p

awww, I read about all of Biccys adventures with his litter boxes. Mine dont seem to dig or chew anything, well other than the willow toys which their supposed to :p

im so jealous of everyone who has well behaved bunnies.

But then i have a licky bunny so i let him off as he makes me feel all gooey when he does that.:love:

You're quite lucky :)

im so jealous of everyone who has well behaved bunnies.

But then i have a licky bunny so i let him off as he makes me feel all gooey when he does that.:love:

You're quite lucky :)

Well behaved? Did you see the first picture of their poos all over the place. Then theres Grace my little bully, Rosie and Ted alwayspester me and Elliot just wants to nip everything! :lol:

Rosie is my only licky bunny, she was in my room yesterday and I layed down next to them. She gave me a big smooch on my noseeeeeeee :love::love::love:

Ok well now its been a while since bonding and neutering, surely its been long enough? A few months.

What do i do other than put poop in the litter tray? They have never been litter trained their whole life so poo where they go not in any specific corner or anything. Heeelp me :)

I am not the brightest on litter training but as far as I'm concerned they are just not interested in using it try newspaper and sawdust. Some rabbits don't like litter that might be your case. :D

I am not the brightest on litter training but as far as I'm concerned they are just not interested in using it try newspaper and sawdust. Some rabbits don't like litter that might be your case. :D

Sawdust isn't recommended for rabbits or small animals due to it causing respiratory problems. :)

Jess have you tried putting the tray where they want to go. Initially you may have to do that. Several trays might be needed :) Then as they get the hang on it you can reduce the trays until you only have one where you want it.

Sawdust isn't recommended for rabbits or small animals due to it causing respiratory problems. :)

Jess have you tried putting the tray where they want to go. Initially you may have to do that. Several trays might be needed :) Then as they get the hang on it you can reduce the trays until you only have one where you want it.

Where they want to go? Did you see the first picture. The poo is every where, it pops out as they go, not any specific corner :roll:

Back