• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training and cleaning out

Aaaah I see. In that case I would put a blanket in the cage and wash it regularly, providing they don't chew and ingest it.

Would you like to see some people's setups? That might help you?

Yes please, I'm sorry, I am just new to all this and as far as I knew sawdust and rabbit muesli was the way to go before I looked on here :roll:

Everyone has different experiences with their bunnies :) It's a case of trial and error really and finding out what works best for you and your buns!

Its just knowing where to start that I am struggling with. Just want to do it right :(

Don't worry! If you're not sure about anything, then ask, that's what we're here for! Like Schuette said, have a look at what other people's set ups are like and you will get some ideas.

Personally I wouldn't use a blanket in the cage until litter trained, just because it might get a bit smelly if they wee on it a lot! :lol: I bought one bag of Megazorb which I used in the cage and in the litter trays, and by the time I'd finished the bag, my bunny was trained! And that's when I moved onto a blanket in the base and used bio-catolet in the litter trays.

But that is my view from the experience I've had so other people will have different ideas :)

Thanks for all the help,
This is what he has at the moment

DSC01366.jpg

DSC01367.jpg

So if I change the woodshavings for hay, I dont see why he would have any need to go into the litter tray at all. Or am I just being daft (probably) :roll:

Like I've said, if I were you, I would buy a bag of Megazorb, and use that as a floor covering. Keep using the cat litter but put a layer of hay in the litter tray. That'll encourage them to sit in their litter tray and nibble away!

Like I've said, if I were you, I would buy a bag of Megazorb, and use that as a floor covering. Keep using the cat litter but put a layer of hay in the litter tray. That'll encourage them to sit in their litter tray and nibble away!

Sounds like a plan. And megazorb is horse stuff from farm places isnt it?
Thanks for your help x

Back