• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Liquorice not himself....should i be worried? U/D been to vet

I would *not* syringe feed him anymore. I would phone the Vet again now.

Can you check the whites of Liquorices eyes and the inner side of his lips. Do they look yellow?

I dont want to distress you even more but the bloated stomach is a major concern and I think you need to get him admitted for intensive care.
Please keep us posted

Janex

why didnt i see this post! oh my god i posted after - why didnt i see it!!!!!!!!!!

Liquorice died last night.

We gave him some food by syringe before i read these posts, placed him down on the floor and he paniked.

he seemed to hav a heartattack or fit. He died in my fiance's arms at 7:45pm.

Sleep tight little baby liquorice XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Binky Free beautiful boy

Janex

why didnt i see this post! oh my god i posted after - why didnt i see it!!!!!!!!!!

From what you have posted it sounds as though there would probably not have be much that could have been done to save Liquorice. It sounds as though he was already in acute Liver failure when the Vet saw him. Without having felt his tum myself I cant say if the 'hard bloating' you described was his stomach or acitites. Both would become life threatening very quickly.

You did all you could for Liquorice, you took him to a Vet. Sometimes a Bun is just to ill to be made better despite our best efforts :cry: I am so very sorry you have lost him, he was a beautiful Rabbit and obviously very much loved

:cry::cry:

Janex

Im so so sorry, he knew you would have done all you could for him.
Big Hugs, to you both.
It is so sad when our beloved go to the bridge, but they are in a better place with all the sweet grass and fields.

Binky free Liquorice

Amy,Amber,Tim,Digbe,Andy and Sandy
Bear who has sadly gone to the bridge herself this am at 2.30. :cry:

I'm so sorry for your loss, i understand completely what your going through, it all happens so quickly that you dont even get a chance to absorbe it all. All your left with is the 'what ifs', But unfortunately we cant win them all.:cry:

Please dont blame yourself, you obviously did all you could. It happened all too quickly for you to have a chance to save him. And despite everything you may not have done so. Take care of yourself and remember all the good.

I know there isn't much i can say to make you feel any better, just remember that you did all you could and he was very much loved.

Binky free Liquorice!!!

I'm so sorry hon, I was so hoping he'd pull through :cry: You did all you could for him and he knew how much he was loved. Binky free beautiful boy xxx

This is very sad. i am so sorry to hear about little liquorice, he was such a beautiful boy.

Binky free little guy... xx

Back