• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lily has got severe runny poop butt..all of a sudden

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
poor wee girlie....it was awful..i could have cried for her.....:( i took her to the vet yesterday morning as shed been a bit aggressive and unfriendly..this is so out of character as shes a bun who loves attention and comes to bed for cuddles..soemtimes to sleep with me.

i have had my hands full with bertie and i know i should have spent more time with lily but i had to monitor bertie and only got a few hours 3 times a day to spend time with ehr free ranging in my room

the vet yesterday checked her eye to see if her eye ulcer had returned..nope....she needed a dental...no just long teeth.
Put it down to being sidelined for a few days and moodiness...territory issues.

so today i was so drianed i went to lay down..ive run out of epilepsy meds do to a mix up with doctors and chemist...so decided to nap quick to keep going....and thats when i got in my bedroom dorway and the stench of her knocked me back....it made me rectch.
she hadnt eaten at all and was too quiet and not warm enough either..but not at the point of shock before death like poor bandit was a few years back. I picked her up and was horrified....she was caked in runny poo..sticky poos too and the hay had stuck into it. i used several sheets of kitchen towel to remove as much as possible...called vet called taxi....picked her up to give ehr some zantac and metaclop to keep ehr going and then the taxi arrived...in the meantime shed gone even more on my t shirt. i had to clean her up best i could and changed my t shirt....

i didnt butt bath her because it might cause shock in her state..and i needed to vet to see it herself. By the time the vet saw here shed done more:( the stench was unbearable...and she was very lethargic.......
The vet wanted me to nurse her as it would be less stressful for her and id:( need to bring her back tomorrow for a check up. I said yes but i cannot admin fluids which she needs and id feel safer her being so close to the vets and nurses. Thankfully they admitted her....once the nurses had given ehr a butt bath!!
i told the vet i thought her mouth was a little sore from the vet the daybefore examining her teeth....hed checked her over and couldnt find anything wrong.....so i was happy.
Over night lily had finished eating my wooden baby gate...as per usual...and jumped up into my bed for a cuddle.....shed not eaten her pellets but had been eating hay. She fell asleep for at least 20 minutes with me stroking her..but did 4 poos in my bed so i thought she was ok:(

the vet said lilys tummy is empty pretty much empty.....:( i hope shes going to pull through this alright.....i have no idea whats caused it:(

You're having so many worries with your fur family lately. Poor Lily. Is she the one I helped bring to you by bunny run?

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Sending vibes for Lily, Bertie and my cuddle kitten Dylan xxxx

I hope lillys ok.
This happened to u few weeks ago Jack was fine then I got up next day and the room was covered. He was ill. We took him to vets she gave him stuff to stop diapoo and lots of other meds and said to bring him back following day. He had really sore tummy and his bum really smelled even without poo!
We were sitting downstairs and could hear his guts rumbling he was so loud but after around a week he was back to normal. It was a good 3 days of no poo not much eating and gut rumbles we were so worried then one day he began to eat a little and that was the start of him being better.
Its so worrying esp as his belly had swelled and he wasnt moving around poor mite.
Thoughts sent to lilly.

Thank you all so much for the vibes etc......my poor little old lady needed it.
karen hun..no llily is the one ORIGINAL FLINSTONE bought over to me from halfway to essex!!

shes half the size of the lady bun now called phoebe that you did the run for;) btw phoebes finsihed growing and is huge!! a very big dwarf lop with a pointyish face still;)

lily is blue and white tho she can look black n white....she looks like a kids drawing of;) a mouse..cept she has long skinny ears:lol: face on her whiskers seem to sprout either side of her nose...like a cartoon mouse. perhaps we should have called her maisie mouse and not lily!!

the vets said shed been and survived the night...and was improving steadily.....no more mounds of the runs.....even one or two normal poops..and shes eating some greens etc....but no pelelts..they only have them on frehs food and hay.. then maybe pelleys too.

omg you poor thing..a room full of runny bunny poo is no joke....i wished i had lino up here in this room i can tell you. The smell was still in the air at bedtime last night!!

theyre keeping her in one more night to be sure shes safe to come home....and no more gushing muddy bum...theyre giving her panacur and probiotics and fresh veggies and hay.

if shes ok tonight and tomorrow...i can have her back in the afternoon!!! yay!! but cage rest it is for 24hrs....until im sure her tummys ok.:thumb:

Debbie, sorry I only just found this thread! I'm so sorry for you and poor little Lily bun. You did the right thing so hopefully the vet can find out whats going on. I have read online somewhere that EC can cause wet bottom so possibly it could cause runny poo too (if the teeth are def okay). Big ((((hugs)))) to you and nosey rubs for Lily xxxx

Thank you all so much. She came home yesterday afternoon..rvery jumpy...so i confined her to her cage..put a blanket over the top and left my lamp on for her. I spoke to her softly and slowly changed her water hay and gave some pellets as shed eaten the teny amount she had when i forst came home with her.

I asked the vet and she thought it was stress....the heartaching situation with bertie.....the uspet and stress from us and the 3 kitties were enough to start it off..then we had workmen in the house....one day in morning they replaced the shower..then the guy came to redo the wood under the sink where the pump hose etc is housed...and then the tiler came..and to my horror cut the tiles in the bathroom....only a few but i panicked..buns cats..but esp nikki..her pain threshold is virtually ni with noises like that...unbearable agony. he did apologise though after inital arsiness.

All that was enough to stress her out and eventually she couldnt take anymore..gi slow down....:(

BUT she responded well to treatment...but i left her for 24hrs to settle...this morning only a few poops and they were SOOOO teeny:( nikki and i layed on my bed giving lily cuddles and hugs from both of us...once shed relaxed she loved it.

Tonight shes still terrified of the possibilities of more injections and force feeds...and needs to realise shes home.

ive offered short nose rubs sessions...talking to her when im in the room etc....food water and hay...and leaving her alone to de stress......Not ideal but better on her nerves and tummy. I will let her run round on landing and stairs in next day or so....get her tummy working again.

shes a devil for plucking her moulting fur...i was combing and brushing her and not much came out..a little more when we "plucked" her loose fur. But she has done both now...twice now string of pearl poops with no other symptoms...then bang...gi probs..i managed to nurse her through first bout at home...but this time it was a hospitalisation case.

keep those vibes coming.....shes not had one single mushy runny poop since being at the vets and then home.

go lily..mummys little old lady:love::thumb:

Back