• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LENIN...A reprieve...vibes please

WELL HES STILL HERE .

IVE BEEN A NERVOUS WRECK COS I THOUGHT THAT WAS IT AND NOW I FEEL GUILTY FOR GIVING UP ON HIM :(

THE VET THINKS IT IS OK TO GO ON . :? :D

ALTHOUGH HIS NOSE IS BLOCKED HIS CHEST IS CLEAR SO ALTHOUGH ITS DISTRESSING FOR US TO WATCH HIS BREATHING ISNT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT .

SHE HAS CHANGED HIS ANTI BIOTICS IN T5HE HOPE THAT THIS MIGHT DO THE TRICK .

HE IS NOW OFF INJECTIONS AND ON SEPTRIN . 2MLS TWICE A DAY .

WE ARE NOW TREATING FOE E CUNNICULI JUST IN CASE ALTHOUGH ITS UNLIKELY THIS IS THE CAUSE .(HE HAS VERY SLIGHT HEAD TILT BUT MORE LIKELY THROUGH LOSS OF VISION OR HIS BUNGED NOSE/EARS ETC)

Encouraging news there. So pleased for you all. Hopefully the drugs will sort it. Sending lots of healing vibes and hugs xxxx :D

Angie. firstly I am so sory to hear everything is not going too well just now, we are here if you need us.
We have had two bunnies with serious nasal blockages recently, and in addition to antibiotics, I have tried the following regime to good effect:
One drop of Echnicacea three days in a day in a little water.(to help boost immune system)
New Era Sinus formula tablets. combination Q (I think) four tablets dissolved in a tiny drop water three times a day.
This treatment has turned one of our bunnies around, that even the vet had almost given up on...and she is now recommending it to any other Clients with similar sinus problems in bunnies :D
I have two bunnies on the above regime, and they have been on it for six weeks now, and we seem to be getting further than on antibiotics alone.
Love Adele
NB dont give echinacea at same time as the New Era tablets, as the New Era tablets need to be dissolved in water only, and given before food and not with any other strong flavoured fluids.

thank you Adele .

i will ask the vet about that .

is it prescription only or can you buy it ?

was wondering if olbas oil for children might help . he has a snuggle pad . had thought of putting a few drops on a tissue under the cover .

what do you think ??

Hiya Angie, you can buy the New Era combination at BOOTs or online, vets dont sell it via surgerys as far as I know.
I just researched a different / complementary approach myself as the bunnies were not improving as we wanted them to, despite trying combinations of antibiotics(which helped but did not cure the problem).
My vet was very interested in what I had done to turn Mauna around, and wrote the treatments and dosages down to use again in future, ALONGSIDE antibiotics.
Echnicacea is about one of the only alternative medicines proven to work in clinical trials.
Hope it helps Lenin :) Good luck.
XX

I dont know if this will help or not but when Dobbin had the snuffles my vet told me to put a few drops of menthol oil into a bowl of boiling water and put it in a small room with him so he breathed in the fumes - obviusly having the bowl where e cant reach it.

Sue
xx

Back