• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Laminate flooring and house rabbits UD rug ideas

She's getting used to it, walking a lot faster around now, although I wouldn't say she strictly likes it, but she's improving so fingers crossed it'll be natural to her soon!

I think I'll try trimming her claws more regularly (lucky me....)

Oh yes that's another thing .. you can hear them coming on laminate :D:D

Lilly is getting very used to the laminate :D she walks on it fine now although I don't think she loves it still!

Supposed to have gone to get a rug on Saturday but the queue into the carpark was at least 20mind long so I imagine checkout would have been as bad!

Just looking for advice on rugs... I'm choosing between a very flat one and one of those shaggy ones. I think that the rabbits would pull on and shred the shaggy one, OH thinks they'll do it to both regardless so we should get the shaggy one as missing strands will not be obvious!

What types of rugs do you all have? Do your bunnies destroy them? Mine definitely destroyed our carpet so they do have a taste for destruction!

On our laminate floor we have one of those tightly woven rugs without a pile. So far Boots has left it alone and hasn't weed on it, whereas shaggy ones like our old bathroom mat I gave him he wees on, and also he weed on a fake sheepskin rug that my daughter has in her room :roll:

My boys have a shaggy one in the kitchen where they live and they barely ever pull bits out of it. But the woven type one in my front room they are pulling to absolute shreds!! Thank go it only cost £8!! I think you said your lilly chewed your carpet?? So I think she would have a whale of a time with a shaggy carpet! Also if she's a heavy moulted the shaggy carpet is harder to get hair out of!:lol:

Frosty and Snowflake had smooth rugs (woollen) when they were indoors and ignored them for months then suddenly ... remodelled them.

So, get any rug you like as long as its cheap!

So after reading all your posts I decided on getting one of those tightly woven ones, got to the shop and the ones like that in the colours I wanted for a decent price looked awful and so cheap! The expensive ones were nice enough, but not worth the price! So I had to go for a shaggy one! It's not very shaggy, well it looks shaggier in the advertised photos than it is in real life! I'll have to find somewhere that does super cheap rugs for when this have been destroyed!

I never even considered bunnies weeing on a rug :shock: Lilly has never ever weed anywhere other than her litter tray or her carrier if on a long car journey, but the new little boy may have different habits! Tbh I haven't even considered toiletting habits, Harvey was easy, Lilly has always been easy too (never toilet trained them other than put hay in their litter tray and they only ever went there......) :shock: oh dear, I might have to put some effort in to toilet training somehow :shock: hopefully he'll just take after Lilly!

Lilly approves of the rugs for walking on! :D She hasn't attempted to taste it yet phew!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20259300/

She's started to eat it :lol: it's not the tufty pieces of it that she's pulling up though, it's the harder base that is still curled slightly up at the ends that she's chewing on! I'm hoping that once it's completely flat she won't want to though! I've turned it over so the sticky up bits flatten out!

She's such a naught rabbit, she isn't caring at all that I'm telling her off, she'll be naughty binkying soon that's for sure!

She goes for the carpet and I say "no" and point my finger at her and she jumps as little, stops chewing, then proceeds to wash, when she's stopped washing she stares at me to see if I'm looking, when I turn back to my laptop she starts chewing again! As if I can't see or hear her if I'm not staring at her and pointing my finger :lol: so far only a naughty head binky! She wants to eat the bottom of the rug now it's upside down :roll:

Nothing deters Delilah .........she is a tank!!!!!:lol::lol::love:

Oh dear :shock:

Lilly has ignored it today, but then I've been doing DIY in the lounge so she's kept herself to herself and slept all day :roll:

I keep thinking there must be a smell of some sort that humans cannot smell, but rabbits can and don't like the taste of that I can cover the rug in! Like that horrible tasting nail varnish to deter people from chewing their nails :lol: the thing is if I don't say no she'll get into the habit of chewing it and wreck it quickly, and if I say no she finds it hilarious and comes back with renewed ambition to destroy it :roll:

Well she seems to not be interested in the rug apart from for sleeping on! It's very cosy, I'm laying on it on my laptop and Lilly has flopped on it less than a foot from me :love: glad I changed my mind and went for this type because it's soooo comfy for me :lol:

Lilly is extra cuddly compared to normal, I think she is missing bunny company, but is also holding up very well, much better than I expected :) she's also reached 3.3kg which is her healthy weight (vet said she was tubby at 3.4-3.5kg :oops:), so she's looking her best for her future date!

My guilt feelings have gone now I've met the rabbit who hopefully will be coming home with us :) although I still get that over whelming wave of sadness and emptiness every time I think of Harvey, I honestly really miss him :( that goes eventually doesn't it....? I hope so because feeling that level of despair, even just intermittently through the day now, is really getting me down :(

Back