• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best rug material for easy hay removal?

We have to cover our floors with something to make it less slippery for the bunnies. So far we've been spreading out polar fleece blankets and an ikea low-pile cotton(?) carpet, both are really hard to get hay off from. We have some soft fleece blankets that the hay seems to fall off really easily from though, either way, we don't want to keep on spreading out blankets and get a more permanent rug solution. If anyone can recommend a specific material rugs come in, or even a brand and specific rug (the cheaper and larger the better - ideally over 3m x 2.5m to cover much of the living room.
thanks!!

I got a large-ish Ikea one - its made from plastic bottles apparently but low pile. i find it really easy to clean. I go over it once a day with an awesome dust pan & brush I just got (seems to get fur off as well as hay & forage crumbs up very nicely)

We actually got one like that from aldi and the hay sticks to it horribly :/ thanks for everyone's input, also eyeing cork now but I think in the end it comes down to what's cheapest :'D

I have a big outdoor rug in my living room. It's made of woven plastic, so it's not everyone's taste, but there are really pretty ones with nice patterns, and cleaning them is super easy, and the bunnies have a good grip on it. I wouldn't recommend them if you have very destructive bunnies, though. Mine have made several holes in it. ;)

I think I have the exact same one. I love how easy it is to clean it and it's also very convenient and cheap. So, if anything happens with it, and it gets ruined, you won't feel a whole in your budget.

Back