• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LambChop has a brown nose this morning

LambChop has been stamping his foot since 4am I hope its not a sign that something is wrong... he ate his food ok this morning but he seems like something is bothering him. I'm thinking his probably hurting from his operation.

Does he have pain relief ie metacam/loxicom or whatever brand name. I think it's poor practice if the vets don't provide any, a human wouldn't have that procedure without following up with pain relief. Although has it been a while since the op? Does the wound look good, ie no warmth, discharge etc if he will let you check?
He could've just been spooked by something, a noise perhaps, hope he's back to normal soon for you :)

I gave him his pain meds The vet showed me how to pick him up to check his stitching, all looks good. I wore some protection on my arms and put gloves on. He is doing ok now and laying in a patch of sun through the window chilling out.

This morning LambChop came at me like a bullet and knocked the food bowl right out of my hand with his food going all over the floor, it was as if he hasn't ever seen food in ages. He is a pretty strong bunny.

LambChop has a beard this morning from digging I wish I had my camera handy its too late to snap a photo now. It looked just like a beard. He is eating now and he was very thirsty this morning because he tipped his water bowl and had no water and I don't think he was getting much water from his back up water bottle, as I was filling up his water bowl he literally drink as I poured. I will have to fix a container down somewhere, where its not going to get knocked over or peed in. His water bowl is heavy but he get his feet in it and still manages to flip it over.. He is quite a strong bunny.

I do wonder whether LambChops eye sight is ok?

Last edited:
Rabbits with red eyes I believe tend to have poorer eyesight, that could also be impacting his behaviour making him more reactive of he can't see as well

Rabbits with red eyes I believe tend to have poorer eyesight, that could also be impacting his behaviour making him more reactive of he can't see as well

I always had my suspicions that he is very short sighted, from my observations he uses his senses such as sound and smell. Sometimes he runs about with his mouth open ready to bite anything he comes into contact with.

Last edited:
Back