• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

LambChop has a brown nose this morning

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
LambChop and his brown nose.

hv1rLVP.jpg

oni8KG0.jpg

Could just be due to some dusty hay or if he is too hot.Or it could be the start of a respiratory tract infection. Is he sneezing ? If you check the inner sides of his front paws is the fur wet, stained or sticky ? If so that would indicate that he’s wiping his nose a lot and suggestive of him having a snotty nose due to a RTI.

If he drinks from a water bowl he might have inhaled a bit of water, sneezed it out and the dust has adhered to the damp fur making his nose look dirty.

Check his bum is clean too. Rabbits with a mucky bum can get cecotroph residue on their nose from attempts to clean the poo off themselves.

His bum is clean as far as I can see he has been fine, no sneezing. The sides of his ears are brown too. He has been digging in the compost. He likes to have a good dig so I expect its just from dirt Its gone back to white now. He looked so cute with his brown nose tho :D I wish I could pick him up and cuddle him but he would bite me if I did that lol.

His bum is clean as far as I can see he has been fine, no sneezing. The sides of his ears are brown too. He has been digging in the compost. He likes to have a good dig so I expect its just from dirt Its gone back to white now. He looked so cute with his brown nose tho :D I wish I could pick him up and cuddle him but he would bite me if I did that lol.

Oh diggers often get a nose full of soil which makes their nose run a bit for a while. It’s just that it’s more noticeable on white Rabbits :)

The vets have had a cancellation and I got a slot to get LambChop in for neutering yesterday. LambChop will be neutered today I got an appointment at 12:00 :D

Thanks everybody for sending vibes. I've been so shattered and exhausted lately I've not updated sooner. LambChop is doing really well, he is running about eating and drinking like nothing ever happened lol I've been keeping a close eye on him just to make sure his stitches are ok. All went well and I'm looking forward to when can start bonding him with one of the other bunnies. I'll probably bond him with Lacey once he is ready.

LambChop just sank his teeth into my leg. It hurt like hell, I have blood running down my leg now. Sometimes I seriously wonder about him his gets so aggressive. I hate it when he bites.

Back