• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lacey isn't herself today

Lord Trellis

Mama Doe
I first noticed this morning she was moving very slowly and just doing everything slow. She feels like she is losing weight although she don't look it. She is very light compared to my other two bunnies although she has always felt a bit underweight.

I've been sitting on the couch for an hour with her next to me and she hasn't moved from the spot.

She is eating and drinking in fact she is drinking a lot. Her water bowl was full last night and her water bottle and her food bowl and they were empty this morning. She is very docile today. Her poop looks normal. Her body temperature is a bit cooler than normal. I've been keeping her warm. Its not like her to be this docile, she is normally running about digging, chewing things and getting up to mischief.

Something seems a bit off with her. It could be nothing.

I would strongly suggest you get her seen by a vet today - before out of hours prices start to kick in. There's something wrong with a lower body temperature and drinking loads.

You can always ring them for advice first if you are unsure, but Monday is a long time to wait for a sick rabbit.

I would strongly suggest you get her seen by a vet today - before out of hours prices start to kick in. There's something wrong with a lower body temperature and drinking loads.

Agreed. Symptoms could be indicative of a UTI, EC, or a Kidney problem. Do you actually weigh your Rabbits weekly as a routine monitoring of health to get an accurate weight.Doing so is advisable as unexplained weight loss can be the first warning sign of a health problem.

I hope Lacey is ok. Any slight changes in my bunnies behaviour makes me very nervous, they are such creatures of routine!

Sending vibes for Lacey.
A low body temp and lethargy is always a concern and most causes require a vet visit where they can give warmed fluids, pain meds, and diagnose the cause.
When did you last see her drink, as she may have spilled her bowl.
Stasis can happen quickly, so it is important to determine if she is pooed very recently.

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes. I would recommend the vets as a matter of urgency by the sounds of her behaviour

Just an update on Lacey. She is fine and has been seen by a vet. She had some blood tests done and the vet said she is under wight which means she has to be fed on a special diet just to get her weight up a bit. Other than that Lacey is fine. I think she might have just been a bit cold and a bit tired that day she has always been a friendly bunny.

Back