• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lacey has bloat p72

Thank you both, Heather is very poorly I am worried she has given up. Also Lacey has been admitted with stasis but given her neurological problems i am worried these are the main cause :?

Thank you both, Heather is very poorly I am worried she has given up. Also Lacey has been admitted with stasis but given her neurological problems i am worried these are the main cause :?

Thinking of both, and also continuing loving thoughts for Seymour Carrots. xxx

Thank you Susan and Sparklefairy.

I am getting really worried now as Lacey hasn't eaten anything at all despite having everything she needs given to her at the vets all day :cry:

Heather has another appointment in the morning as we are so worried about her :cry:

So many ill bunnies at the moment :cry::cry:

Do you have a quiet speyed doe you could put Seymour in with? We had in a 12 year old buck last year in very poor shape who obviously could not be neutered. We put him in with Sweetie and he was so happy. He only had the strength to rest his chin on her, no humping. But you could see how happy he was. He didn't last terribly long, but I am confident those threee months were the best of his life. He even went in with two more rabbits after the first month and had three friends to rest his head on. He was always snuggled up to one of them and more usually was in the middle of the group. Sweetie has been one of my favourites ever since, as before that she had not lived up to her name. (She is now nine and has head tilt but she has just welcomed in another nine year old to her group; if only all rabbits were so welcoming)

Do you have a quiet speyed doe you could put Seymour in with? We had in a 12 year old buck last year in very poor shape who obviously could not be neutered. We put him in with Sweetie and he was so happy. He only had the strength to rest his chin on her, no humping. But you could see how happy he was. He didn't last terribly long, but I am confident those threee months were the best of his life. He even went in with two more rabbits after the first month and had three friends to rest his head on. He was always snuggled up to one of them and more usually was in the middle of the group. Sweetie has been one of my favourites ever since, as before that she had not lived up to her name. (She is now nine and has head tilt but she has just welcomed in another nine year old to her group; if only all rabbits were so welcoming)

The plan was for him to be neutered and put with Angel and Rosie, but that was before we knew how ill he was. I don't think Rosie would accept him as he is. The only other possible female is Heather but she is really ill at the moment too. I don't know whether she would take to him as she has spent most of her life with a female companion and used to be a feisty tart in her day! If we can get her over the dental then it is something we are going to at least try.

Its a shame Trevor isn't neutered as he seemed to really take to her. While I doubt anything could happen between them I am not willing to take that chance

Adding some get well vibes for all your poorly bunnies. ((((((((((((((((((((((Vibes))))))))))))))))))))))
May there be improvement for all soon!

Lacey is still really sick, we thought we could collect her this morning but the vet has said no and we will get her at 2.30pm to either bring home or transfer to vets now.

Heather has eaten a little over night but is still looking very sorry for herself.

Seymour is just Seymour :love:

And when i got up this morning I found Bruce lying in his run in the rain. He is in stasis with a rock hard stomach and is having an emergency dental now. We will be transferring him to Vets Now at 2.30 if he survives the GA. He is such a beautiful old man, I love him to pieces :love:

At least I should be grateful that we have an excellent vets hospital with very rabbit savvy staff as our out of hours vets

Awww sorry ya bunnys not feeling well fingers crossed they are all ok you do a fantastic and loving job :love::love:

Oh dear... :(
Topping up vibes for all the bunnies. I hope Bruce pulls through. How frightening to have so many desperately ill at once.
(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Oh dear... :(
Topping up vibes for all the bunnies. I hope Bruce pulls through. How frightening to have so many desperately ill at once.
(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

It really is :( Couldn't believe it when I found Bruce this morning. He was having a dental check next week too. He doesn't do ill well and on the odd occasion he has had stasis he goes cold and floppy, never hunched up, it is really scary

Back