• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kerbie is not right :(

No :( I've been doing him soggy pellets for months anyway but he hasn't touched them for about a week, before the emergency vets he was eating more hard pellets than soggy which I thought was great but now he just isn't interested in them at all. Even tried making them more appealing mixing in some banana like I did with Poppy but it doesn't last long because obviously it goes funny after a while.
We're making a mix of fibafirst sticks, pellets and recovery paste again tonight to give him on a plate seeing as he isn't as stressed out now, hopefully he has a lick of it, if he does we won't have to syringe feed him.

He just looks old now :( He's not 'Kerbie' at the moment :( Hoping we can fix him up again asap :)

Sending more super vibes for little Kerbie, hate to think this gorgeous little lad isn't well. :(

The fibafirsts are great, I think they are lifesavers sometimes. It was the first proper thing Milo would eat when he had stasis. xx

No :( I've been doing him soggy pellets for months anyway but he hasn't touched them for about a week, before the emergency vets he was eating more hard pellets than soggy which I thought was great but now he just isn't interested in them at all. Even tried making them more appealing mixing in some banana like I did with Poppy but it doesn't last long because obviously it goes funny after a while.
We're making a mix of fibafirst sticks, pellets and recovery paste again tonight to give him on a plate seeing as he isn't as stressed out now, hopefully he has a lick of it, if he does we won't have to syringe feed him.

He just looks old now :( He's not 'Kerbie' at the moment and is acting even worse when it's medicine time :( Hoping we can fix him up again asap :)

Poor boy :( Topping up the vibes for him. xx

Just see this, poor little man :( have his ears been looked at? Just a thought, as they tend to not eat hard things if they have sore ears... Sending mega vibes xxx

He has had an issue with his ears before with wax build up but nothing this time round :(

He started eating not long ago, only a little but 2 soggy pellets (yay!) and some forage, which is more than he's eaten in 3 days by himself! :love:

Kerbie looks very cute in his photo.
You did a good thing getting him to the emergency vet and then the regular vet.
I am glad he is starting to eat on his own again.
Do you have any pain meds or gut motility drugs for Kerbie? How is his fluid intake?
At nine Kerbie is old, but not ancient.

He just looks old now :( He's not 'Kerbie' at the moment and is acting even worse when it's medicine time :( Hoping we can fix him up again asap :)

Just seen your thread and I was so sorry to read this. It must be very disheartening for you :cry:

I am sending loads and loads of vibes that he gets better soon. Let me know if there's anything I can help with xx

Hope he feels better soon. :D Just a thought, could it be tooth roots? Those wouldn't be visible unless an xray was done, I think.

Back