• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just stuck a used needle in my finger

I remember once when I was giving a penicillin injection to a rabbit (when I first started injecting , just realised that makes me sound like a junkie:oops::lol::lol:)and I hadn't but the needle on enough and as I went to inject the syringe came out and covered my face and the wall with penicillin:oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Been there and done that, Depocillin is a :censored: for blocking the syringe, I always put a fresh needle on pre-drawn syringes now. I've also had a faceful of Nobivac before when the needle snapped off during a Myxi vac. :oops:

I remember once when I was giving a penicillin injection to a rabbit (when I first started injecting , just realised that makes me sound like a junkie:oops::lol::lol:)and I hadn't but the needle on enough and as I went to inject the syringe came out and covered my face and the wall with penicillin:oops::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It happens to the best of us- I was really surprised to discover rimadyl ( a painkiller) really hurts when you squirt it into your eye :lol:

I don't understand: why do you cap them first? just use the grooves on the lid of the container to flick the needle into the box :)

I put the whole thing in the box and the box is emptied for incineration at the vets. Knowing another person has to handle the contents I figure better safe than sorry and cap all the needles.

I put the whole thing in the box and the box is emptied for incineration at the vets. Knowing another person has to handle the contents I figure better safe than sorry and cap all the needles.

Nobody should be handling the contents: it supposed to be incinerated whole. If the staff at your vets are emptying the the contents into another container I'm sure thats against health and safety laws :)

Don't you put the syringes in too? :?

We now have separate bins for syringe barrels and glass medicine containers. Separate containers for clincal waste and infectious waste. There's bins everywhere :shock:

out poor you :shock: they're big needles for bunnies too :shock::shock: Glad it wasn't a vhd jab....my vet threatend not do one of the bunnies because of the risk of loosing her arm :( :shock: Thankfully the norty bunny decided to behave better.

Back