• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just seen a frenchie in the most awful state- UPDATE PIC!

I'm so glad you have Molly out of those terrible conditions... I hope she can be saved and go on to live a happy life, let us know what the vets says..

Vibes for Molly

Karen x x x x

glad to hear she is out of such a bad situation, poor girly :cry: :cry: :cry: she was certainly a bun in need and I hope that you can help the lads to Monty :( :( keeps us updated, I love hearing updates on these poor buns that have come out of bad situations :( its a lovely feeling bringing such cases round to what they should have had in the first place :D

Fingers, paws and toes all crossed for you Miss Molly bun, welcome to the world of love baby girl where you will never have to be scared or neglected again :wink: :angel:

well done you, it is difficult when dealing with friends or family :(

ANOTHER UPDATE

My vet visited Molly today and says she doesn't have myxi!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has a very bad case of conjunctivitus which is infected and some damaged scar tissue where it has previously gone untreated.

He has cut her VERY long nails and given her some antibiotics. Her eye drops are being delivered tomorrow, he is happy she will recover. She will be staying at my mums for 1 week to ensure no nasties come to light and then it looks like she will be coming here...my fiancee is away I haven't quite told him yet...

As for the boys probably collecting them next week and Bunny run may take nugget the mini lop to pair with a lovely old lady. That leaves Bagel who is GORGEOUS looks like I will be begging fiancee or a while...

Thank you all for such support x

I was wondering...
Molly is 4-5 years old and a french lop. I am aware this makes her an oap but generally what is frenchies life expectancy?
I have spoken to my fiancee and it is agreed that she will spend her retirement here!
Going over to my mums today to let Molly spend some time exploring the garden and to start her treatment. x

Hi, not sure on a Frenchies lifespan, I hope it is a long one though as I have Frenchie too!!

Well done for giving this lovely girl a chance. I hope she makes a good recovery and enjoys the rest of her life.

Take care and best wishes
xx

Mollys great! A real old lady but so lovely and friendly now she is not scared and in pain anymore.
My vet visited yesterday and said she looked like a different bun! I will post pics as soon as I can she really is lovely just ask bunnyrun who met her yesterday x

Back