• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just bought a block of breeding hutches.....U/D with picture...

This is what my poor piggies arrived in - I turned it into a tool chest :p

unit.jpg

Yeah - can you believe a pair had all of 18"x18" - as did a mum and her 2 babies :shock: 9" high per compartment too :cry: The food pots were like bird food holders so the heavily pregnant female had to drag herself up and lean right into it to get any food, crushing her tummy :( I gave her a flat dish on the floor and she hasn't stopped eating since - I call her my hippo :p

Last edited:
18" X 18" ?!?!?!? :evil: :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Some people are positively EVIL.:evil: :evil:

Those piggies must think they are in HEAVEN now!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Ok, I'll tell you

I bought these off a lady on ebay who has given up breeding, it is a block of 6 x 3ft hutches (3 levels and 2 hutches on each level), it is handmade and has sealed rubber flooring, it's very solid and very heavy, in fact it's very well made, but the nice thing is that there is a removable divider on each floor so it can be used as 6 x 3 foot hutches or 3 x 6 foot hutches, the downside is that they are only 20 inches deep and each hutch is only 18 inches high

I bought them to use as 3 x 6 foot hutches for emergency night time accomodation in the garage, any bunnies put in these will only be in them for safety at night time and will spend the day times out in the runs in the garden until a larger hutch and run becomes available after a bunny has been rehomed.

Although they are smaller than my permanant hutches and runs they are a much better than what a lot of rabbits have had in the past.

It then means I can help out when there is an emergency situation.

So, now I will start..............scrubbing and cleaning and disinfecting.

What do you think now?

Back