• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jo's Just Had a Major Seizure- U/D 20th June- Now Doing Quite Well :-)

is injectable valium faster acting than rectal valium in rabbits? in status epilepticus in humans its rectal.

sending loads of vibes....i hate seeing bertie have fits so i know what you mean:(

Jo is doing OK now :)
She is a bit subdued, but she is eating and pooing so I am hoping we can keep her guts going. It is usually the post seizure stasis that is more of a problem than the seizure itself.

Thank you for all the vibes and good wishes for her :)

is injectable valium faster acting than rectal valium in rabbits? in status epilepticus in humans its rectal.

sending loads of vibes....i hate seeing bertie have fits so i know what you mean:(

Sorry, missed this.

Jo has the diazepam to prevent further seizures as opposed to bringing her out of one. The actual seizure is short lived, 10-15 seconds tops. But she can go on to have several in a few hours without the diazepam.

I have used rectal diazepam in one seizure prone Bun, 'Billie'. He developed them at puberty and he had about 3-4 a day almost EVERY day.

But despite that he was such a happy Bunny and he lived for almost 7 years !!

Billie.jpg

Back