• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jen's blind - Help please

:cry:I was so sorry to hear abour little Jen going blind :cry:poor girl deserved a healthy life ahead of her after what she went through :(

What a good girl Rhia is being I bet your so proud of her.. Thinking of you, Jen and Rhia must be such a worrying time for you..

Aww Thanks Folks. I know Karen, You must come & meet her! Sooz, Thanks for that - Thats quite a worry :? Although I havent seen any today. Will keep you all updated, ThankYou X

Aww Thanks Folks. I know Karen, You must come & meet her! Sooz, Thanks for that - Thats quite a worry :? Although I havent seen any today. Will keep you all updated, ThankYou X

It may be as simple as her not eating enough hay and too little pellets or even, as has been suggested in the past, that her medication (she is on abx isn't she?) may be affecting their taste or smell and putting her off consuming them.

aww hun im sure she will get used to it.... id be depressed to if id just gone blind.... her other senses will most likely kick in to compensate.... maybe wet her veg for extra water.. alvin dont drink much so i keep his veg wet when i give it to him... hope she cheers up soon xxxxxx

I read in a rabbit book that they should not be given wet veg and that it should be dried off or it can cause tummy problems!

I read in a rabbit book that they should not be given wet veg and that it should be dried off or it can cause tummy problems!

I have seen this in books to but think it originates from the risk of mycotoxins found in wet/damp food (incorrectly stored) causing rot and mould. Mycotoxins have been linked to GI stasis.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/myco.html

I cannot personally see the harm in a rabbit ingesting purposely wetted food eaten instantly when they may eat veg and wash it down with water anyway.

I've nothing to add but just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and really hope she pulls through all this and continues a long, happy life with you.

It may be as simple as her not eating enough hay and too little pellets or even, as has been suggested in the past, that her medication (she is on abx isn't she?) may be affecting their taste or smell and putting her off consuming them.

Ohh, That would certainly explain it. She plays with hay more than she eats it, and usually wanders off when pellets have been given - by the time she comes back, Rhias eaten the lot (Do make sure she gets given extra whilst shes having her medicine, but poss needs more). Thanks Chloe & Kathryn - Will go pass on your messages to Missy J now :) X

Back