• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jane's Thread of Memories (So not to be starting multiple threads)

0DPIqnn.jpg

Bbae7h5.jpg

HOj9GQ7.jpg

Back in 1998 I went into Petsmart, now Pets at Home, to buy some biscuits for my dog Gemma. Gemma was very near the end of her time :cry: As I walked into the store I saw an enclosure with 4 Baby Rabbits in. I had an impulse thought, I am soon to be without my only friend ( Gemma). I can’t have another dog as I can’t go through this pain again. But I have to have a Pet in my life. I figured a Rabbit would be a good choice as I would never get so attached to a Rabbit and have to experience the pain of loss again. I really was that messed up.

So I left the store with a bag of dog biscuits, a Rabbit and a Rabbit ‘starter kit’ which included a 4ft hutch, a bag of Rabbit muesli, a bag of wood shavings, a bag of hay and a water bottle. I had never had a Rabbit in my life, I had done no prior research, I was the typical irresponsible impulse buyer. I went back the next day and bought one more Rabbit ( Megan) as I felt sorry for Ellie being on her own in the kitchen overnight. I went back two days after that and there was just one Rabbit left. I felt so sorry for her so I bought her too, she was called Beatrice.

And so my Rabbit obsession began. And as for not getting attached to Rabbits, how I could have thought that I do not know.
:love::lol:

Back