• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jake-U/D 22nd May-Post 60

Just seen this and im so sorry :cry: Im sending all the vibes i can give and sending love to you and your poorly buns xx
hope everything will be ok and its nothing serious xx

Oh no, poor Jake. :(
Keeping everything crossed for you both and hope you see some improvement overnight.

Oh no :(

Vibes from me, Paul, the buns, the guineas, the hamsters, the mice and the fish.

Hope your little man feels better soon. xxx

Oh I'm sorry Jane, I've only just caught up with Jake's thread :cry: Poor little lad, I so hope you're wrong & it's nothing to worry about, sending your little lad lots of vibes & hugs for you xxx

Jake is tucked up for the night. He's had 2 different pain killers, antibiotic cover and subcutaneous fluids. He is very drowsy (from the pain killers) but at least he no longer appears to be distressed.

Poor Jake :cry:

Jake has become acutely poorly again
I can now feel something very sinister in his guts :cry:
He has had pain relief and fluids and will have Xrays tomorrow.
I hope I am wrong about this. If I am not I will not be putting Jake through surgery on his GI tract.
Jake will not be coming home

:cry:

Everything crossed that you're wrong :?

Well Jake is better within himself and I was able to get a better feel of his abdomen.
I now *think* what I can feel is actually bladder stones :?
His bladder is empty but there are at least two very mobile 'balls' about the size of a large pea that to me appear to be in his bladder.

I am not sure though :?

Off to see Christabel at 0945hrs

Last edited:
Does the UK vet has the ultrasound equipment to blast the stone is very tiny piece? Because that's how they do it w/ human here.

Healthy healing vibes to Jake.

Big hugs from me :wave:

Quick sneaky check in (skiving again): How's Jake doing?
I hope Christabel gives you some positive news xx

Christabel says she is not convinced that what we can feel is actually inside the bladder. Infact she says it is almost certainly poo in his intestines !!

She did not want to GA him to do an Xray as he has had 2 episodes of stasis in 3 days and she wants him stabilised more first.

So Jake is home and I am to monitor all input and output carefully over the next few days. He will be reviewed next week. Sooner if he deteriorates.

Jake needs to loose weight as I am sure this is contributing to his problems. But he has very poor eyesight and if he is 'free range' he just sits in the 'terrified Bunny' position and waits for me to pick him up :cry:
He lives with Cerys and its a struggle to keep weight on her. I seperate them at feed times but Cerys then spends all her time looking for Jake rather than eating her pellet feed.

Why, oh why are Wabbits so flippin' complicated.........................

Back