• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack's-Jane's Self Help Diary- 22/3 Aisling Admitted Again :-(

So much stress and worry, no wonder you are struggling. Words seem so inadequate as a way to help but I how knowing how much we case for you helps in some small way.

Morse'lump looks horrible, how does he do with anaesthetics? I wish him well for tomorrow.

Take care and you know where I am xxx

So much stress and worry, no wonder you are struggling. Words seem so inadequate as a way to help but I how knowing how much we case for you helps in some small way.

Morse'lump looks horrible, how does he do with anaesthetics? I wish him well for tomorrow.

Take care and you know where I am xxx

Morse wont be having surgery tomorrow, but me and L will be talking about it. I feel it is inevitable now :cry: Morse has had numerous GAs due to his other problems (ears). On the whole he copes well, but of course he is getting older now and the risk factor will always be there. Plus he has had to be back on treatment for his ears over the last 2 weeks.

Then there is the fact of how dreadful he is with travelling :cry:

I go in to meltdown when it's one to cope with. I honestly don't think I do what you do and look after so many ill animals all at once. You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for and these rabbits would not be alive without you. Try and stay positive and think of all the love and care and devotion they have had and are having - something they may never have experienced if they hadn't of fallen into your hands. :love::love::love::love::love::love:

I can totally empathise. I find it stressful enough worrying about getting it right for Artie and not missing anything I should pick up on. He's had a couple of off-days recently and I've found it absolutely draining just watching him and stressing out hoping that it isn't the dreaded kidney stones returning. So, that's what the anticipation does to me, the reality with so many bunnies must really take it out of you. The dedication you show those rabbits is just amazing and there's no wonder it takes it toll. You've made the journey with rabbits less stressful for me and many others by offering advice and guidance, I wish there was some way of repaying that but in the meantime just letting you know I'm thinking of you and hope things get easier.

I can empathise completely. Looking after Darcy is so rewarding but its also heartbreaking. I'm in denial about it most of the time. He has started walking :cry:. His metacam has been increased so he does hop a bit and walk now. He is 8 this year which is great for big old frenchie but I want him forever.:cry: Losing Frasier last November so suddenly really shook me. I have no idea how you cope with so many ill bunnies. But Jane you are very strong and caring and you can cope. It may not feel like it sometimes but you are. You are an inspiration to all of us with sick bunnies. Big massive ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))) xxxxxxx

Of course, travelling. How on earth did that slip my mind? Please let us know when you are back how he got on. Sorry his ears are playing up too.

Hal's badly increased respiratory effort :cry:

Click on the image to play the video

But he remains so bright within himself

Rabbits180.jpg

Must not give in to feeling so :cry:

Must live in the moment and not dwell on the inevitable. Tis so hard to do though :cry:

Big ((((((((hugs))))))))))). Maybe give one of your buns a snuggle cuddle. That will bring you to bunny thinking in the moment thinking xxxx

Bless Hal, he is so gorgeous. Hope he is a bit better today xxx

Must not give in to feeling so :cry:

Must live in the moment and not dwell on the inevitable. Tis so hard to do though :cry:

You're allowed to give in to feeling so...:cry:

You've got every reason to be feeling this way.

I can't even start to imagine how difficult it must be for you with so many special needs bunnies.

I'm in awe of you.

Just live for the moment if possible. But also think of all the fantastic, hard work you have done for the welfare of your beautiful bunnies. And will do for many years to come.:thumb:

You've given so many people help, encouragement and support with their bunnies.

Please reflect on all the good you've done!

Take care. xxxx

Firstly, I am only starting this thread as a 'self help' diary. I do not expect people to reply and as I add posts it is not to waive an attention seeking flag, it is purely an attempt to manage my feelings of being over-whelmed by having so many of my Rabbits who are now coming to the end of their lives. Hope I have explained my motives here and that this thread wont get up anyone's nose.

I live for my Rabbits, in the literal sense. They are the only reason I have for existing. I realise that they cannot live forever. But managing the reality of imminent losses is getting harder as my Rabbit Family diminishes in size.

These are the little ones I know are on borrowed time

Miss Bunny Penny
Hal
Stanley
Tess
William
Murphy
Brian
Colonel Colin
Morse
Big Libby
Michael
Zac

A combination of age and chronic health problems will take them from me sooner rather than later

Every day I try to focus on the 'here and now'. As long as all the 'time limited' Rabbits are 'OK within themselves' I try not to dwell on what I know to be their problems. But it is hard and getting harder :cry:

As I have said, this thread is just me trying to help myself cope. It is hard to do so on my own and I dont like to be on the phone to C several times a day

I want to remain strong for my Rabbits, I owe it to them to do so

I think you have done amazingly with your buns! You have done your very best to give them the best lives possible. What you feel about losing them, I think, is the way many of us feel when we know we have a much loved pet nearing the end of it's life. It is very hard to come to terms with their loss, as I know you will know from experience.

I find it best to focus on the happy times we have had together and the knowledge that I could not have done another thing for them. Our pets give us so much because they know we are doing our best and that they are loved (well that is what I believe). I can hardly bear to think about losing Twinkle one day or our dog (who is now 9), I know the time will come but I try hard not to dwell on it because it is so upsetting. Sending (((hugs)) and my thoughts as I know you are feeling what many of us have felt before and it isn't at all easy, but it helps to talk. xx

Poor Jo had one of her neurological episodes during the night :cry: We are now trying to fight off the ileus that usually follows

Niamh has bloat, she has been very poorly for over 24 hours now :cry: There has been slight response to treatment, but she is a long way from being 'well' :cry:

Colin's ears are still really bad :cry: He is not in nearly so much pain, thank goodness. He is eating better too. But obviously his ear problems are now as bad as, if not worse than, Morse's :cry:

Hal is still happy within himself, but his chronic LRT issues are going to beat him in the end :cry: He will be on medication for however long he has left and we will take things one day at a time.

Now Aisling has been admitted for yet another Dental, five weeks after the previous one :cry:

I know it will also take her a good 3-5 days for her tooth roots to settle after the Dental :cry:

Damn malocclusion :evil:

Back